Increased levels of enforcement, and where...

What is this about the data plate? Mine is buried behind the faring and can't be seen.

I'm too lazy to put in all the quotes, and stuff so decrypt it for yourself. It's still better and clearer than a lot of the stuff some of you post:

Level III inspection, Oklahoma. Comes out of the median, and pulls me over on the shoulder just outside Wagoner.

snipped

And so the story ends with another inspection, and another violation because of simply too many rules and regulations. The office is looking up the issue about the switch on the dash for the tag axle, and the pressure dial elsewhere on the truck to see if it's acceptable.

OK is one of the places I have had the fewest problems. Did get a ticket once for no sR3 and one at the toll booth for a headlight, but both those were fair game. I go through Wagner twice a week and rarely ever see a dot. sounds like it just wasn't your day.

I still don't get what your permit violation was for?

I guess you OD guys get f-ed with allot because the potential is there.

I still don't get what your permit violation was for?

I guess you OD guys get f-ed with allot because the potential is there.

He finally decided to write on the Level III that my permit was innaccurate because of the trailer and load dimension. Even though the overall length covered everything.
So yeah...it's my egg in the end. The permits even say "accuracy responsibility of driver"...so there's no argument really, just me bitching about a stupid little dimension within a dimension.

And yeah, they were yanking any OD load they could stop.

I've often wondered about the laws regarding the ability to raise/lower tag axles from inside the cab. I see local dump trucks raise their tag axles while approaching a toll booth in Illinois. The toll is based per-axle, and only the axles that are on the ground. I'd do the same thing in that situation.

Kansas City had officers everywhere yesterday giving out tickets.I delivered a load to Liberty yesterday which is on hyw 69 and a cop must of thought I was trying to dodge the Kearny,MO scale,LOL.He was in the median and seen me so he whips his car around and got behind me,once he seen I was making a right turn he went straight,LOL.

Once again on US 69 near Wagoner, OK today there were DOT working. We had a truck get yanked and inspected.

I was followed for a few miles, but he turned around and went back north.

Once again on US 69 near Wagoner, OK today there were DOT working. We had a truck get yanked and inspected.

I was followed for a few miles, but he turned around and went back north.

Nobody home when I went through there. In fact the only one I seen was the usual guy in Big Cabin.

last week we had a guy about 3 hours behind us come through the same area, and he saw nothing also. They must just put in a part time day.

Nobody home when I went through there. In fact the only one I seen was the usual guy in Big Cabin.

It's been a while since I've been at Big Cabin. If my memory serves me correctly, wasn't there a big sign right there warning about cops hiding in the area?

It's been a while since I've been at Big Cabin. If my memory serves me correctly, wasn't there a big sign right there warning about cops hiding in the area?

Used to be a big sign on the side of a trailer: " SPEED TRAP AHEAD". They still busted tons of drivers.

I think the state made them take that down, and now it says something else.

It was that trucking company right there in Big Cabin that put that up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread