I bought a new Samsung note 20 ultra

Mike

And now I am returning it.

So, I was all happy to get a new 5g phone. It showed up in the mail as I was leaving town this week, wife brought it to me, and away I went.

By day 2, I was completely aggravated with it. Internet connection was horrible. Dialup horrible.

on my 3rd conference with tech support, the lady told me it was a “known issue”.

The known issue was the fact that AT&T’s 5g is screwed up right now. They are working on it, but have no timetable as to when it will work

Had the phone for less than two weeks, so buyers remorse was in effect where I could exchange the phone for the same phone, a different phone, or simply return it.

What did I choose? Return it.

Finally got my iPhone 8 reconnected this evening after moving the SIM card and happy to have it back for a while.

My preference was to get a Google Pixel, so gonna let the refund process happen and probably order one of those. Just need to make sure it supports all the apps I need first.

Thanks for the warning. I saw an ad for the Samsung note 20. I was thinking I want that.
I am not sure how good our 5G network is. I live in the city so it should be good but I want a phone I can use anywhere.
I will stick with my Galaxy S9

So it's not the phone, it's AT&T.
Yeah. I’m not sure how long it will be until they get their issues fixed, but my phone has to have internet access. Been running all my truck apps today and email through my iPad, but that’s just not practical.

Thanks for the warning. I saw an ad for the Samsung note 20. I was thinking I want that.
I am not sure how good our 5G network is. I live in the city so it should be good but I want a phone I can use anywhere.
I will stick with my Galaxy S9
The phone itself is pretty awesome. It was all about AT&T having issues with their 5g network right now that made me return it.

Yeah. I’m not sure how long it will be until they get their issues fixed, but my phone has to have internet access. Been running all my truck apps today and email through my iPad, but that’s just not practical.
Yeah I mean there's no Verizon 5G here for it to even try. Can you change the network settings on it so it doesn't even look for 5G? On this one I can change from Global to LTE/CDMA and that would stop it from trying to connect to sketchy 5G. My old Huawei on AT&T would let me turn off 4G so it would go down to 3G in areas where it's borderline.

Nope. I went down that rabbit hole for a few hours via google searches and searching for options that the Note 20 doesn't have, as compared to other Samsung models. Had I been able to do this, the phone wouldn't be back in it's original box now, LOL.
Man that's super stupid. Of them, not you. Not for this anyways.

Quite some time I imagine. 5G depends on overlapping signals far in excess of what 4G provided. Plus there's rf interference thats causing probems for 5G from all providers - especially in heavily urban areas. Of course, being in the sticks, you're probably lucky to have 0.5G service.

Quite some time I imagine. 5G depends on overlapping signals far in excess of what 4G provided. Plus there's rf interference thats causing probems for 5G from all providers - especially in heavily urban areas. Of course, being in the sticks, you're probably lucky to have 0.5G service.
AT&T LTE coverage is actually quite good.

It's a mess, but AT&T has compounded it with some sort of epic failure in their network. And as @Electric Chicken mentioned, not being able to turn 5g off on the phone is a pretty big omission on the part of Samsung as well.

Yes, it's always worked great for me.
I had no issues with it until one day it abruptly cut off and never came back. Not sure if they cut me off as a heavy user passive aggressively or what because they claimed they couldn't find anything wrong. So I switched after 5 days of no data and calling them to see what's up.

That's the only reason I'm not still using the old Huawei on Bell.

the day that AT&T does anything that benefits the consumer would be a miracle

The phone itself is pretty awesome. It was all about AT&T having issues with their 5g network right now that made me return it.
i also belive it's like t-mo crap there using low and mid band spectrum wich won't have the speed of millimeter wave 5G and it will get congested faster

And now I am returning it.

So, I was all happy to get a new 5g phone. It showed up in the mail as I was leaving town this week, wife brought it to me, and away I went.

By day 2, I was completely aggravated with it. Internet connection was horrible. Dialup horrible.

on my 3rd conference with tech support, the lady told me it was a “known issue”.

The known issue was the fact that AT&T’s 5g is screwed up right now. They are working on it, but have no timetable as to when it will work

Had the phone for less than two weeks, so buyers remorse was in effect where I could exchange the phone for the same phone, a different phone, or simply return it.

What did I choose? Return it.

Finally got my iPhone 8 reconnected this evening after moving the SIM card and happy to have it back for a while.

My preference was to get a Google Pixel, so gonna let the refund process happen and probably order one of those. Just need to make sure it supports all the apps I need first.
:rolleyes::D

Attachments

• 16450.jpg
    16450.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 7
verizons 5G is awsome as well IF you can get it:rolleyes:. were lucky to have it out here:). there LTE is good to!!!
Im usin Verizon LTE and its done good as far as Im concerned

I only found one place where I didn't have service and that was out in the middle of some swamp tryin to deliver to a fishing village

Im usin Verizon LTE and its done good as far as Im concerned

I only found one place where I didn't have service and that was out in the middle of some swamp tryin to deliver to a fishing village
i'm happy with verizons LTE signal to as i can hit anywhere between 300-500 MBPS down. and i get service everywhere :) . in 5G mode on my note i been hitting 4 gigs down with next to nothing latency 300-500 MBPS up:)!!! i also have there whole home 5G home broadband internets. it's alot faster than 5G on your phone it gets crazy fast!!! the only place i don't have verizon service is when i'm in canada:rolleyes:. once you get 5G you won't go back to LTE it will spoil you;). with things like downloading large files in seconds not decades:D

So it's not the phone, it's AT&T.
AT&T'S 5G is fake it's not even real like verizons is. ATT and trash mobile are using lower band and mid band spectrum. wich may go through walls but it's not as fast and it will get congested faster than verizons!!! att and trash mobile are throttling there 5G service verizon is not throttling there 5G. i have directv and AT&T ****ed that up to. there customer service is so bad most of the time you have to file an FCC complaint against em to get things done right..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread