How come freightliner doesn't offer the Argosy in the United States?

So what is it for then?

Yeah, ... what he said ^^^^

OK at this point I'm gonna start coming up with theories, ...

... it has something to do with beer, right?

YES!!! its for when I haul a load of beer I tap into a keg and have my own draft bar in the sleeper!

LMAO.

I've always wanted to own my own trailer just for that reason. I'd have train horns on the back, facing aft, and on each side, and different controls for each one, depending on where the ass hole I need to honk at is located.

Reactions: Tim
LMAO.

I've always wanted to own my own trailer just for that reason. I'd have train horns on the back, facing aft, and on each side, and different controls for each one, depending on where the ass hole I need to honk at is located.

Trust me beings there under the trailer you dont have to have them pointing different directions. There damn loud.

Trust me beings there under the trailer you dont have to have them pointing different directions. There damn loud.

I know. I live about 3/4 mile from some train tracks.

But when it comes to mentally handicapped people driving 4-wheelers, then can always be louder.

Reactions: Tim
I bet that works very well for those morons who get next to the trailer tires and then just hang there, like there is a magnet holding them in place.

I bet that works very well for those morons who get next to the trailer tires and then just hang there, like there is a magnet holding them in place.

You know that happens more when I got that front axle raised up.

You guys are wimps.:leer: In my early years I drove B model Macks, R model Macks, Binders, Whites, KW's.... all conventionals with no bunk. You "slept" on a board between the seats. Once had a Star with a "crawl through the back window" Mercury 34 inch coffin bunk. When I got my first COE (an Astro) I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

Drove all the COE's in temps down to -59 F and up to the 100+ I live in today with no problems. Even had a stint driving a "custom" Freightliner that had the owner's name stitched into the upholstery ($52,000 right from the factory). I used to put them rigs in places where you " Yankees" would need a skyhook and a set of chain-falls to back in.

Remember one time watching a guy from Fla trying to maneuver into a warehouse with a long-nose Pete. The manager finally asked me if I'd put the trailer in for the guy with my Freightliner COE. First shot, didn't even need a pull-up. Re-hooked to my tri-axle and left. Dunno how he got it out again.... might still be there. BTW, the SOB never even said thanks.

Yup, I'd take a COE in a heartbeat and I'm way older now. FYI, the Mack Pinnacle I currently drive rides exactly like a COE, has less storage space and the windshield ices up just like the FLiner COE did. It ain't noways near the truck the old girls was.

You guys are wimps.:leer: In my early years I drove B model Macks, R model Macks, Binders, Whites, KW's.... all conventionals with no bunk. You "slept" on a board between the seats. Once had a Star with a "crawl through the back window" Mercury 34 inch coffin bunk. When I got my first COE (an Astro) I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

WHAT!!! No F model Macks? No Diamond Rio's? ROOKIE! LOL

My dad had 3 R model's when I was a small child. I never got to drive one but I'd love to get one a restore it. All ways love the looks of those trucks.

The old R model I drove was still going when I left Canada 9 years ago. Still had the 238 Detroit, camel back and twin stick innit. Might be still going for all I know. They built trucks for working back then and didn't try to redesign em into cars like they do now.

BTW, COE's are coming back boys and girls. Future plans are for 60 to 75 foot trailers and that's the end of the long nose conventionals.

Where'd you hear that?

I read an article last year about this. The trend over the last 30 years or so has been toward heavier loads and longer trailers. But I fail to understand how the longer trailers will negotiate the tight confines of the roads and small towns in the Rustbelt and New England.

I read an article last year about this. The trend over the last 30 years or so has been toward heavier loads and longer trailers. But I fail to understand how the longer trailers will negotiate the tight confines of the roads and small towns in the Rustbelt and New England.

They won't.

But it'll be the driver's fault when traffic is held up for 40 minutes while a guy's trying to make a right turn in Chicago.

BTW, COE's are coming back boys and girls. Future plans are for 60 to 75 foot trailers and that's the end of the long nose conventionals.

Bawhahahaha

They have a hard time keeping 53 foot trailers from breaking in half. And as [MENTION=3730]Racer X 69[/MENTION] pointed out you couldn't even get around east of the Mississippi river with a 60' to 75' trailer even with a single axle day cab.
I seen a few 57' foot trailers in Texas and "hoods" were pulling them but the 57' footers aint even a big hit in that state.

I've never seen them mounted on a trailer! I've got mine mounted behind the fuel tank pointing to the ground. And I agree no chrome Chinese truckstop horns, get some Leslie's or some Nathan AirChime's and use big lines and big valves!

I knew a guy who had a real steam whistle, sounded awesome even off air.

I've never seen them mounted on a trailer! I've got mine mounted behind the fuel tank pointing to the ground. And I agree no chrome Chinese truckstop horns, get some Leslie's or some Nathan AirChime's and use big lines and big valves!

I knew a guy who had a real steam whistle, sounded awesome even off air.

I was going to put mine on the truck but they were goning to be real close to the drive shaft and kinda be in the way while under the truck, so I got to thinking I've got lots of room under the trailer. So I just rework the same bracket I was going to use for the truck and made it fit the cross member of the trailer.

i would say reasons for not offering the cabover anymore is due to sheer stupidity; i've driven many cabovers and there are no problems with them, even the mack f model. The argosy never had a doghouse.

See the real problem is companies don't want to balance their wheels.

i would say reasons for not offering the cabover anymore is due to sheer stupidity; i've driven many cabovers and there are no problems with them, even the mack f model. The argosy never had a doghouse.

See the real problem is companies don't want to balance their wheels.

There is no market for them in the USA....Even if they built them, they wouldn't be able to sell enough of them to anyone because, no one wants them.

You and about 3 other people in the United States, like cabovers.....But no one else does.

It has nothing to do with "Stupidity" or "Wheel balancing" whatever you meant by that...It's just the market.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread