How many states have you been pulled over in?

Since a lot of my career was in the 55 days, I've been stopped plenty!

Oklahoma , Texas, Kansas, Colorado, New Mexico, California, Washington, South Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Nebraska, Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, Utah, and I'm sure I'm forgetting one or two, and a lot of those states are multiple stops. Back then, tickets were just a cost of doing business.

I think in 35 years I've had two Level I's done, both at scales. Never had more than a walk-around done roadside.
When I was a newbie, in my first month driving, running New York a deer ran into me. 9:00-9:30 at night, didn’t see it coming just heard the thunk. Pulled over, looked the rig over, called dispatch. There was a rest area 5-10 miles away, I was gonna limp it up there and check things out better, rather than the side of the road. You could see deer hair and deer poop, but no real damage.

Nope.

Lit up like no tomorrow, got pulled over. No taillights on the right side of the trailer. Well they were working when I pretripped it that afternoon, but I can’t really see a deer hitting the truck changing things.

Officer said let’s go to the rest area together. Yes sir :cautious:

Two hours later he let me go with a warning to scribble my lines straighter and get the wagon fixed

I hate when a traffic stop burns your clock :mad:

I think I literally pulled off the shoulder, got up to 65, the lights came on, and I was rowing back down through the gears to pull onto the shoulder again :biglaugh:

When I was a newbie, in my first month driving, running New York a deer ran into me. 9:00-9:30 at night, didn’t see it coming just heard the thunk. Pulled over, looked the rig over, called dispatch. There was a rest area 5-10 miles away, I was gonna limp it up there and check things out better, rather than the side of the road. You could see deer hair and deer poop, but no real damage.

Nope.

Lit up like no tomorrow, got pulled over. No taillights on the right side of the trailer. Well they were working when I pretripped it that afternoon, but I can’t really see a deer hitting the truck changing things.

Officer said let’s go to the rest area together. Yes sir :cautious:

Two hours later he let me go with a warning to scribble my lines straighter and get the wagon fixed

I hate when a traffic stop burns your clock :mad:

I think I literally pulled off the shoulder, got up to 65, the lights came on, and I was rowing back down through the gears to pull onto the shoulder again :biglaugh:
Ya see, New York State Troopers are one of the best! 👍

Ya see, New York State Troopers are one of the best! 👍
Around the same time period, I stopped in at one of NY’s rest areas/inspection stations for the night. Woke up in the morning, pretripped and brushed my teeth, started grabbing gears.

A full grown starts walking towards me.

Great. Just great Forrest we gonna get inspected.

Sure enough he signals me to stop.

Way to go, Forrest. We in it now

Nope!! He asked me for a tire beater, I handed him my 3 lb mini sledge. He borrowed it to help a stranded motorist change a flat tire

Have a nice day we gots to go Officer
:biggrin-2:

Around the same time period, I stopped in at one of NY’s rest areas/inspection stations for the night. Woke up in the morning, pretripped and brushed my teeth, started grabbing gears.

A full grown starts walking towards me.

Great. Just great Forrest we gonna get inspected.

Sure enough he signals me to stop.

Way to go, Forrest. We in it now

Nope!! He asked me for a tire beater, I handed him my 3 lb mini sledge. He borrowed it to help a stranded motorist change a flat tire

Have a nice day we gots to go Officer
:biggrin-2:
I ran out of fuel because the truck was not transferring to the tanks properly. NY Troopers rolled up and asked what the problem was. we told them. I had another one of our drivers parked on the off ramp. The other driver asked if he was okay where he was?
Troopers said yup no problem.
Troopers said we will be back in a bit to check on you guys. (it was winter).

I remember when a Trooper was killed on the side of the road. All the truck drivers on the C.B. had a lot of sympathy and sadness, most saying NY Troopers are the best of the 48.

Two states, Oregon and California. Just once for each state. Both times for speeding . I had an old Pete with a 262 and if you didn't get a run at the hills you'd never get anywhere.
I usually run the western 11 but mostly the I-5 corridor.

How are all of y'all getting pulled over in TN? I never see cops pulling anyone over in TN. They're all too busy working wrecks and eating donuts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread