Get off the damn fuel island.

I always made it a rule of thumb. No more than 5 minutes tops when pulled forward. I always keep in mind that were all on ELDs now and some of us has much less hours than others

I always made it a rule of thumb. No more than 5 minutes tops when pulled forward. I always keep in mind that were all on ELDs now and some of us has much less hours than others
My rule is 7 minutes because that’s how long it take me to pump def and fuel.

My rule is 7 minutes because that’s how long it take me to pump def and fuel.
So if you were to just fuel and go your E-log would just flag it and DOT can't say nothing about it but if you tried to flag a fuel stop on paper DOT would be all over that.

So if you were to just fuel and go your E-log would just flag it and DOT can't say nothing about it but if you tried to flag a fuel stop on paper DOT would be all over that.
I was trained you must show a minimum of 7 minutes for fueling. I have never had it take me less than 7 minutes to top off fuel and def.

ELD is second by second breakdown. Not 15min interval breakdowns like paperlog. If I change to fueling at 16;05:59 then I shouldn’t be done fueling before 16:12:59.

And most times I am closer to 10 or 12 minutes by the time I get everything punched in and if I’m close to empty pump 200 gallons and then 10 gal of def.

I was trained you must show a minimum of 7 minutes for fueling. I have never had it take me less than 7 minutes to top off fuel and def.

ELD is second by second breakdown. Not 15min interval breakdowns like paperlog. If I change to fueling at 16;05:59 then I shouldn’t be done fueling before 16:12:59.
I agree with you I was just pointing out how E-Logs can work in favor of the driver. I wouldn't dare flag a fuel stop on paper.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread