First significant breakdown for my Fitzgerald glider. Waiting on the verdict now.

Posted about this in the announcements forum. Gotta do some tweaking to see how it will work, and after a couple of days you will no longer see them anyways.
The site is unusable on a smartphone.

The site is unusable on a smartphone.

I turned the ad program off yesterday evening from the Google control panel and simply turned some of the ads back on that you shouldn't have even seen.

Then, I realized that the ads were still taking over parts of the screen this morning on my phone and ads were showing up in places that my normal ad codes weren't even at.

Got back into the admin area on the forum and removed Google's code from the templates, so now everything is back to normal.

My plan here, from the way Google presented this, was that it was more of a "smart" program, meaning the system would show only the best ads, and was supposed to improved user experience by not constantly showing ads. Instead, it showed twice as many ads all the time, and stuck them to the screen, making a big mess. I tried removing all the ad locations other than just one to see if that would improve things, but it still created havoc, so I got it all removed this morning.

I turned the ad program off yesterday evening from the Google control panel and simply turned some of the ads back on that you shouldn't have even seen.

Then, I realized that the ads were still taking over parts of the screen this morning on my phone and ads were showing up in places that my normal ad codes weren't even at.

Got back into the admin area on the forum and removed Google's code from the templates, so now everything is back to normal.

My plan here, from the way Google presented this, was that it was more of a "smart" program, meaning the system would show only the best ads, and was supposed to improved user experience by not constantly showing ads. Instead, it showed twice as many ads all the time, and stuck them to the screen, making a big mess. I tried removing all the ad locations other than just one to see if that would improve things, but it still created havoc, so I got it all removed this morning.
They were definitely more relevant. Stuff I just looked at on Amazon and whatnot.

They were definitely more relevant. Stuff I just looked at on Amazon and whatnot.

Yeah, it was ultimately supposed to show less ads. I was giving the system time to adjust itself, but had to pull it completely due to the high number of ads it was throwing on the forum. Didn't show any signs of automatically adjusting in any way.

Yeah, it was ultimately supposed to show less ads. I was giving the system time to adjust itself, but had to pull it completely due to the high number of ads it was throwing on the forum. Didn't show any signs of automatically adjusting in any way.
Yep I don't have a problem with ads per se. Just need to still be able to use the website otherwise it defeats the purpose.

Thanks for removing them.

@Mike fitzgerald gliders is sponsoring a NASCAR race in Bristol, TN, right now...FS1 channel

i was just flipping thru the channels, and came across it.

it ends at 3:30

Any updates on your truck

Thought it was going to be finished yesterday, but it didn’t happen. Got some other things going on right now though, so haven’t really been even checking in on it for updates other than driving over there on Tuesday to drop off a bypass filter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread