Fire up the grill!

HAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

I've used soy sauce to marniate (not the same as teriyaki btw). I've had a few steaks that were very good without any seasonings or marinades on them.... but I like the flavor of the bourbon and brown sugar marinade made with Captain.

Now, for ultimate grilled burgers.... I make some that are killer!!
I add chopped onion, cut up pepperoni, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped mushrooms, ranch powder, smokehouse maple seasoning, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, a couple eggs. Mix it all up, form patties (I do 1/4 pounders), and cook on the grill.

I usually make macaroni salad or potato salad to go with it... if you all want my 'recipes' for those, let me know, I'll share.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but ... ALMOST sure, ... that teriyaki sauce is nothing but soy sauce mixed with brown sugar.

And I'm also pretty sure that sloppy joe sauce is a mix of ketchup and BBQ sauce. Obviously you'd have an unlimited amount of varied results depending on your ratio of ketchup to BBQ sauce and by what brand of BBQ you use. I did it once with KC Masterpiece and I think I started with 50/50 and kept messing with it til it was just right. Better than the Manwich brand Sloppy Joe sauce.

Home made sloppy joes, my version anyway, have ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, onions and sometimes cattlemen's gold and molasses.... Better than manwich.

I put BBQ sauce in my hamburger meat before I mix it up it is really good but my all time favorite thing to cook on the grill is jalepeno poppers let them cook nice and slow for bout 2 hours and they just melt in your mouth

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread