finding a job with a recent accident impossible?

whiplash

hello everyone
i currently about to start job hunting for an OTR job I've been driving a class B truck since i got my CDL back in april 2014 i got in an accident in October 14 some dip**** pulled right out in front of me i was hauling a heavy load with a dumpster full of concrete the 1987 western star i was driving wasn't the best at stopping there was no were for me to go rear ended and totaled a pick up it was a young kid driving had his license for a week but even tho i was deemed at fault they gave me a careless driving ticket i fraught it got it drop down to unsafe operation motor vehicle no points just a fine i still think i got the shaft but it is what it is i didn't get fired form my job thankfully but now i want to drive the big rig and I'm worried that this combined with a felony convection form 2005 will make it impossible for me to find a home at a trucking company anybody been through something like this ? do i have a chance at getting an class A job ?
thanks for reading my post

You have a chance, but not the easiest road ahead of you. I would advise you to stay where you are at until that felony is over 10 years old, which isn't too long from now. Waiting to that felony to age 10 years will open up many more doors for you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread