Favorite truck driving movies.......

There's a dude in Sparta, WI that is totally obsessed with BJ and The Bear, and has actually restored a few K100's, and bought a few of the ones actually used in the show.

Here is where that SNL skit with William Shatner telling all the trekkies to get a life plays in my head.

Seriously though, you guys should try to find Moonfire. It was really awful. So bad, you just HAVE to look.

I said the word "actually" twice in one sentence in this post.

used the word "actually" twice? that is kinda gay..

*not that there is anything wrong with that....

I have never seen some of those movies! I liked Blackdog. Not the greatest movie, but trucks are always cool. Smokey and the bandit, I mean... How can you NOT like that movie! I even owned a Bandit T/A!!:beep::beep:

I'll have to check those others out. I remember seeing maximum Overdirve on TV years ago.

Duel is by far the single best trucker movie out there. I know I cried like a school girl at the ending. That damn Dennis Weaver. To this day with I see a Plymonth Fury out there I want to just run it off the road. Long Live Tanker Truckers with Boots.

I thought it was a dodge dart, which is a far lamer car, and it's not a trucker movie. We (I) made that clear at the beginning of the thread.

All auto license applicants should be required to watch this movie prior to taking their test...

You just can't trust a "tanker yanker".

Full movie.

I was having a bad day.... Why is one case of road rage always thrown up in my face? ;)

You are missing the Point. That Damn Dodge was disrespectful to that poor tanker truck. The Truck had to kill. And by all that is holy, if I ever see that SOB Weaver, he is mine. MINE I TELL YOU.

And so is that Debbie girl from the Dallas movie.

Actually, have you noticed all the truckers parked at the XXX movie places around? Whats up with that? At least park in back so no one sees you from the road. Our image is bad enough.

And so is that Debbie girl from the Dallas movie.

I'm thinking she's looking not quite like she used to. And like they said on Family Guy "Apparently a razor wasn't invented until sometime int he 1980s..."

Actually, have you noticed all the truckers parked at the XXX movie places around? Whats up with that? At least park in back so no one sees you from the road. Our image is bad enough.

They should all just get laptops and look at their pr0n on the interwebs like the rest of you sick perverts and not like me at all ever no way.

Last Night I rewatched a movie with one of the happiest endings ever and a true family picture. "Strange Brew". Sure the jokes are now part of everyday life and might seem old but they were fresh then. Would you do it for a jelly donut? If I didnt have puke breathe Id kiss you. The final scene with the brothers drive away in a beer truck is classic. Makes you want to grab your best girl and downshift.

Weird, Goofy supposed trucker flicks!!

Black Dog is about as far away FROM trucking as one can get what with ALL THE INCONSISTENCIES and sheer stupidity which stretches ones suspension of disbelief into another dimension.
Sure, Patrick Swayze was a good Actor in many films yet this one wasn't a good example.
No problem with witrh stretching ones' suspension of disbelief with:
Slamming into a Rollback and suffering a mere loss of two headlights and a wee bit of structural damage, Rolling NORTH on I-85 and BEFORE getting to I-26, encounter a Coop in NORTH CAROLINA, the ability to separate a Trailer from a Tractor by simply pushing it into a 90 degree slide, the goofy attempted halting of the Combo when the henchman of Meatloaf climbs onto the truck from the SIGHT SIDE and disconnects the air and electric lines WHILE THE COMBO IS CRUISING AT SOME SPEED and the Combo continues travelling unabated with the Trailer Brake Button IN THE CAB popping out yet the Combo continues rolling and when Patrick climbs BACK IN THE CAB (after the pointlessly extended fight scene) he releases the engaged Brakes, the continual switching between the rear of the Sleeper having either a window or not a Window from rear view yet from Inside constantly, and finally BEFORE CLIMBING BACK IN THE CAB Patrick hooks up the air and electric lines.
DOES ANYONE ELSE PAY ATTENTION TO MOVIE INCONSISTENCIES??
----------
The other movie of sheer goofiness (I forget the name since it was that good in the 80s) was the one filmed in eastern North Carolina starring Emilio Estevez and a handful of others trapped in a rundown truckstop and "tortured" by a large group of magically or supernaturally controlled Trucks. The Phantom truck was the "leader".
FULL of inconsistencies and sheer Humour. Some deceased Company names however were nice to see as were some Makes/Models.

My favories truck driving movies are Convoy, High Ballin' and Smokey and The Bandit. They are all available instantly on netflix's.

Re: Favorite truck driving movies.......

Holy resurrected thread...

Moonfire (1973) - IMDb

I have this on VHS. It is without a doubt the worst trucking movie I have ever seen. It is without a doubt one of the worst movies I have ever seen PERIOD.

YOU MUST ALL WATCH MOONFIRE AS SOON AS YOU CAN.

I usually hate trucking movies. I find them badly acted, terribly written, low-budget, stereotypical and just stupid. Except when they don't take themselves too seriously like Big Trouble in Little China, which isn't a trucking movie.

I guess I have to say basically the END of Smokey and The Bandit during the credits where Jerry Reed is actually driving the truck and can't get the truck in gear, and is grinding the hell out of the transmission. I crack up every time I see that.

GGGrrrr....GGGGRRRRRrrrr......"Don't worry Fred, it ain't as bad as it looks!" gggrrr....."Git in there you son of a..." ggrrrrrrrr.....

And Maximum Overdrive. That's not really a trucking movie either, so much as a bad Stephen King movie (are there any good ones??) that involves trucks. Maximum Overdrive has one of the worst bits of dialogue I've ever heard.

"...at least that's what I was doing before every machine in the world went into maximum overdrive..." When I watch that now as an adult that line alone makes me drink another two beers almost immediately.

Stephen King made that movie in the opening sequence.

You really shouldn't get me started on movies.

My favories truck driving movies are Convoy, High Ballin' and Smokey and The Bandit. They are all available instantly on netflix's.

The sentence I changed to bold in the quote of the OP, together with the fact the OP has only one post, makes me think this is a spam thread.

Whatever though.

I don't think it's hard for anyone to figure out which one is my favorite. I prefer the movie plot over the song lyrics though. Convoy isn't funny like Smokey & The Bandit, but it personifies the alter ego that many of us have when it comes to taking a stand against crooked law enforcement.

In the movie, the tip of the iceberg that caused the rebellious behavior of Rubber Duck was a plain old crooked cop.

But today our problems are much worse. Now it's perfectly legal for cops to stalk us and write us citations for things we either didn't do, or are beyond our control. And in some cases like my incident in Missouri in which the DOT man couldn't find anything wrong with my BRAND NEW TRUCK (<5000 mi) or the BRAND NEW TRAILER (< 1000 mi) I was pulling, and grabbed my air hoses down by a brake chamber on the trailer and twisted the spacers so the two hoses would touch each other and "chafe", they still do completely fabricate infractions in which to cite us for. And with CSA now, the policy of assigning us "points" that have the potential to hurt our careers, regardless of the outcome of the case when it goes to court, and even for warnings, is a plain-as-day violation of our right to due process.

While I don't think going on a wild rampage with an 18 wheeler or leading a convoy of trucks who refuse to pull over for law enforcement is any kind of a way to properly handle government gone wild, that movie is still fun to watch. The character played by Kris Kristofferson is a hero for standing up to government oppression in his own way. He kind of reminds me of Spartacus.

View attachment 14119

I met a guy a few years back who was trying to sell a screenplay that was a direct sequel to Convoy. Don't think it ever happened.

Convoy has to be my all time favorite . While alot of it is ficticious, Like ever getting a bunch of truckers to band together . Some parts take me back to running in a wide open Convoy and also the crooked cops that we face sometimes. I own a copy on DVD and I take it with a grain of salt . Still fun to watch.

The copy I own opens with CHEESY PRODUCTIONS , A re-release I assume but the production title says it all !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread