EC's Going For It


That sounds like fun. (sarcasm).
I think a truck went over the edge a few years back because of high winds.
I think I remember that. They had traffic opposing today too. Might be a rush hour thing to get the city folk home faster.

As a CMV I'm only allowed in the far right lane so I just have to not stare off at the ships too much. I saw at least 7 container ships the last couple days off in the distance. They were all kindsa cattywompus so I'm assuming they were anchored and waiting.
 
Started running day cab chill this week to get a new fuel mileage baseline.

With the shorter runs I have more time left so I finally got it washed. Its been a while. So long that I didnt know Love's bought the truck wash at Tom's Brook VA. Unlike the Beacon, they hand dry so you don't end up with all the streaks.

The new ownership also means longer hours so I might go more often.

20261005_174528.webp
 
Started running day cab chill this week to get a new fuel mileage baseline.

With the shorter runs I have more time left so I finally got it washed. Its been a while. So long that I didnt know Love's bought the truck wash at Tom's Brook VA. Unlike the Beacon, they hand dry so you don't end up with all the streaks.

The new ownership also means longer hours so I might go more often.

View attachment 98414
Looks good all shined up.
 
Ran 66mph down with very few exceptions and 55mph back with almost no exceptions and got 8.3mpg on the trip. Loaded both ways but not heavy.

I think I'll try 55mph tomorrow both ways to see what happens.

I just stay in the right lane and let it cruise. It's tedious at first but after a while you appreciate not having merging issues and the live mpg gauge pegging to the right more often.
 
55mph loaded down. 55mph empty back.

Load down was so light it was almost like being empty.

Came into some pretty strong winds once I reached Pennsylvania coming back.

Got 9.6mpg overall on the day and the tank is showing 8.6mpg since filling up on Tuesday.

I'm working tomorrow and Saturday doing more of the same but I don't know the weights yet.
 

Back
Top