Eat someplace else

Sinister

pari animositate
Few things annoy me more than normal people crowding up a truck stop when drivers have such limited places to stop.

Sundays are the worst.

Agreed

Sunday is the one day a week I’m not latched to a wagon. Go away, let me read the newspaper in piece and quiet.

Buncha mooks

Because they are now Travel Centers and not truck stops they cater to the general public more than the people who made them even exist. At least they could still have reserved areas for professional drivers like the 76 used to have. I can dream right.

Because they are now Travel Centers and not truck stops they cater to the general public more than the people who made them even exist. At least they could still have reserved areas for professional drivers like the 76 used to have. I can dream right.
Petro still does. But they don't have any bouncers checking IDs.

Hey Duck,
The Petro in Reddick, Fl. did a remodel to the entire inside of the building. They re-hung the "reserved for drivers" sign. A few months later a driver sitting in the driver area complained when a couple sat down to eat there because the restaurant was completely full. So management took down the sign and will not put it back up because of one driver complaint.

Hey Duck,
The Petro in Reddick, Fl. did a remodel to the entire inside of the building. They re-hung the "reserved for drivers" sign. A few months later a driver sitting in the driver area complained when a couple sat down to eat there because the restaurant was completely full. So management took down the sign and will not put it back up because of one driver complaint.
That manager should be lynched for trying to desegregate the restaurant.

Truck drivers should never be forced to eat with "norms". It's just wrong. 😡

Oh believe me, there’s issues of sitting in drivers only sections also...

Rule #2: never sit at the counter

Oh believe me, there’s issues of sitting in drivers only sections also...

Rule #2: never sit at the counter
I'll sit at the counter. Why?
Waitresses walk past more frequently, so you're less likely to end up with an empty coffee cup.

Who cares if some jackass is running his mouth constantly? Any married man already knows how to tune that noise out. If you can tune out a woman yapping her head off you can tune out anyone.

I'll sit at the counter. Why?
Waitresses walk past more frequently, so you're less likely to end up with an empty coffee cup.

Who cares if some jackass is running his mouth constantly? Any married man already knows how to tune that noise out. If you can tune out a woman yapping her head off you can tune out anyone.

I like the counter. Besides it's rude to take a booth when you're by yourself. And if she's cute you get more views.

BirchBarlow,
I love that picture of that old Mack. Appears to be a B75 with possibly an 864 V-8. "How fast them trucks can go" back in the day. Thanks for the pic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom