Dogtracking

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
4C768216-8A01-49DA-BCA5-A5B12A77953B.jpeg5C245D41-9DAB-46D6-A80B-D919CB123549.jpeg

I think I know why it’s dogtracking. The rear pin in bent. Yet the front one is straight.

I had a trailer once that the bogeys were breaking loose from the frame. So we welded it up in the shop so the axle would stay in place. Used a tape measure to “align” it before welding it.

That got me 1000 miles away, then had to get it re-welded to get me down to NC. It lasted the rest of the trip.

And THAT pulled ten times nicer than this POS. How the heck do you bend a axle pin like that anyway?

From the looks of that pin, I guess it didn't disengage and the other three did, and somebody was jerking the crap out of it trying to get it to slide.

From the looks of that pin, I guess it didn't disengage and the other three did, and somebody was jerking the crap out of it trying to get it to slide.
Not quite.

These are a four to five foot bar, use have to pull both locking pins, then pull the hole bar out, then slide the bogeys, then put the bars back in and lock them.

I get what you’re saying though

59D678FD-1A8A-4F99-A92F-27C0BC95CCD1.jpegCB8A561C-2A62-40C5-A452-983D632F8330.jpeg

I don’t know how that works, but that’s the lock to hold in the bar. It’s almost like the bogeys on the right side got smashed into a curb.
But **** that’s a big bar to bend like that
Sorry its not a better pitcher

That lock bar doesn't control alignment, if that's what's bent.
It doesn’t?

That’s what happened to the other one when the bogeys broke free, I couldn’t even drive it over 50 mph, we welded it up where it was supposed to go, and it pulled straight again

It doesn’t?

That’s what happened to the other one when the bogeys broke free, I couldn’t even drive it over 50 mph, we welded it up where it was supposed to go, and it pulled straight again
The pins are supposed to locate the tandem. The lock bar is just an optional safety. Unless you saying there's no pins in tandem frame, and that is the lock pins.

The pins are supposed to locate the tandem. The lock bar is just an optional safety. Unless you saying there's no pins in tandem frame, and that is the lock pins.
Correct.
The lock bar is what locates the bogeys

If I moved the front lock bar to different holes the bogeys would have room to walk around
6C8FECD9-AECC-4DF2-A0B4-464D4C578605.jpeg
That circled part is what locates where the axle sits, it’s shoved back quite a bit.

The lock bar is the pins, to put it a different way

Correct.
The lock bar is what locates the bogeys

If I moved the front lock bar to different holes the bogeys would have room to walk around
View attachment 52993
That circled part is what locates where the axle sits, it’s shoved back quite a bit.

The lock bar is the pins, to put it a different way
That's different than any trailer I've ever pulled. All the ones I've ever dealt with the lock bar was secondary, it still had the pins in the axle carrier.

That's different than any trailer I've ever pulled. All the ones I've ever dealt with the lock bar was secondary, it still had the pins in the axle carrier.
Oh yeah...it’s odd just to open it up

There’s a single gladhand by itself.

Hook up, air everything up by pushing in the trailer knob. Then pull that out, move the red glad hand to the other gladhand. Air it up again. Make sure the pins are unlocked. Pull forward 15 feet and pop the trailer knob out. Make sure both pins are locked. Move the gladhand back to the red one. Push in the red knob again.

I’m guessing there was enough other moving parts to make sliding the bogeys purely mechanical

So many rules, too. Can’t overhang the front by more than 12” per permit. Can’t have the rear axle to rear most of the load be more than 15’, per permit

So, I could’ve only opened it up ten feet, (each hole is 5 feet) to make the trailer shorter, had more overhang off the back yet still be legal on both ends.

Possibly.
Not as far as I remember. But it is possible.
Molson-Coors.
I drink Coors made from Colorado water.
Maybe up here they source the water for coors light other than from Colorado, But your Honor, I maintain, that it is still just canned water. Hiccup o_O:cheers:
...and it's quite fashionable to pee in Clear Creek upstream of the Coors brewery.

:thumbsup:

I got a truck that was laid on its side going around a corner with 90,000lbs of hogs. The hood and cab were replaced and I swear it dogtracks. The only way I'll be able to tell for sure is the way the tires wear over time. Do you think the frame got bent?

I got a truck that was laid on its side going around a corner with 90,000lbs of hogs. The hood and cab were replaced and I swear it dogtracks. The only way I'll be able to tell for sure is the way the tires wear over time. Do you think the frame got bent?
Did use get an alignment done?

Boss bought the truck, got a really good deal, I run it. 17 freightliner, nice, but something's not quite right. Doesn't run straight down the road, not solid

surely you seen the vids of a trailer flopping the truck over, and how much it twisted the frame when it does that?

even if the rails are straight, I don't know how you'd ever get that frame right. You just about have to pull all the cross members and put them back in just to relieve all those stresses

surely you seen the vids of a trailer flopping the truck over, and how much it twisted the frame when it does that?

even if the rails are straight, I don't know how you'd ever get that frame right. You just about have to pull all the cross members and put them back in just to relieve all those stresses
That might even need a little heat too

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread