Does a shower do something for you?

** Commie Express **
Premium
I just went 4 days without a shower. One Pilot down south didn't have showers???? I stopped at a private truck stop that the truck stop directory listed as having showers but they took them out to make a Subway.

I just had a shower and feel much better but I can't think of any reason why. I really wasn't dirty other then my hair. I shaved every day and have baby wipes to clean up so looking at me you would never know.

I wonder what happened in the old days with Lewis and Clark. I'm sure they went weeks without a bath. Does it cause any harm to you? I mean, we are animals?

And speaking of Lewis and Clark. Does anyone know of any books on their expedition? I mean first hand reading experience. I can look on Google too but that doesn't mean they are any good. I just can't imagine making that trip. It must have been brutal. I use to be a big time back packer with 60 pounds on my back but always on trails up in the White Mountains. On a few occasions we had to go off trail to get to a spot that is just amazing. That little 2 mile trek was like 20 miles. Very rough!

Your body breathes through its skin as well. Sloughing or washing off the outer skin cells refreshes you. Modern bathing probably has as much to do with increased life span as advances in health care.

We can go weeks or months with out bathing, but our bodies function better when we do. It is more than a mental thing but physical as well.

I just got back from the Petro. Had to go there for a shower. Pipes still frozen here.

They charge $13 for a shower there. :stare1:

So, your pretty much a bachelor for now? How long can you drag this on?

I was going to say a shower makes me feel like a new man. Then some smart *** would say, What is wrong with your old man? LOL I can't win.

I would make the easy crack about you having an Ol' Man but I hate softballs..........

Go ahead I triple dog dare ya. :D

So, your pretty much a bachelor for now? How long can you drag this on?
As long as I need to I suppose. :D

That would be nice though. But she didn't wanta stay at her parents' house because they have two annoying little shaggy football dogs that go "yip yip yip" non-stop.

So instead she's sitting here behind me going "yap yap yap yap" non-stop.

I tried turning on the TV to distract her but she turned it off. o_O

Lol...I like her.

That girl friend I was talking about that has a sleeping problem. She talks non stop. I think she has ADHD. I had my headset on once and had just woke up and still in bed talking to her. I was able to take the headset off and get dressed, make the bed a little, get my laptop out and booted and she was still talking. I think the record was 7 minutes before she asked if I was still there.

What's the next course of action to clear your drain?
Not sure.

Supposed to be warmer tomorrow. I'm just going to work on moving snow away from the driveway & crap cavern so it won't saturate the ground when it melts. I pumped about 1000 gallons of puddle water 100 feet out into the yard today with the sump pump. The back of the driveway looks like a maze. Little miniature canals & stuff channeling the melt water to a shallow pit so I can pump it out. When it's all dried out it'll look like the ultimate spot to play with GI Joe's. Trench warfare, LOL. I'll probably run the grader blade over it though.

Eventually it oughta thaw out. The plumbers want to dig it up. I said no. They'd charge thousands to do that & for that expense I might as well just get on Craigslist & find a back-hoe attachment for the tractor that can run off the PTO. And I also don't need them clumsy oafs digging up my UF cable that supplies power to the generator shed.

Have you gone into the basement and is the pipe a cast iron one? I'm wondering if you wrapped one of those heated wires around the cast iron if it would transmit far enough?

No. It is cast iron for a ways. From the terlet it goes down, then south, then east, then down, then south to the crap cave. There's no reason for that jog east, .. but whatever. Maybe the bathroom was remodeled at some point & the toilet was relocated. Anyway when it finally goes down, it goes into clay pipe.

If it wasn't for all those corners, I'd remove the terlet & make a cap to close off the 4" pipe except with a hole to run a garden hose in there. I'd shove the garden hose as far as it'll go & run hot water in there. When the pipe fills back up, it'll back up into the bath tub. Then I can just put my sump pump in there & run it way out into the east yard with another garden hose going out the window, and when it finally melts through, I'll be able to tell because the water level in the bath tub will either stop rising or start going down.

--

She just said "do you want me to stop talking to you?' I said yes. Now I'm in trouble.

But she's still talking. :mad:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread