• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

cr england

any and all info woud be great. thanks :)

Their driver success rate is in the single digits. In other words less than 10% of their students stay in the industry. If for some ungodly reason you have no other option, including frontal lobotomy, then for the love of simple logic do not fall into their lease spiel.

They will tell you of all their successful entrepreneurs just living the dream being a big time owner operator. Those insipid reality shows have more truth to them.

Several other companies offer training. No matter who you go with I would suggest in my O' so humble opinion not to consider leasing until you have at least over one full year at the same company.

You'd be jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Given the companies you've listed so far, Werner would be your better bet.

Yikes.
The only reason companies like CR England continue to exist is because people don't take the time to ask around about a company before applying. If every potential applicant suddenly started asking around about CRE before applying, I'd predict that in three months, they'd only have a dozen or so drivers left, and those dozen drivers would be only one or two IQ points above what the medical establishment considers "high functioning autistic".

The only reason companies like CR England continue to exist is because people don't take the time to ask around about a company before applying. If every potential applicant suddenly started asking around about CRE before applying, I'd predict that in three months, they'd only have a dozen or so drivers left, and those dozen drivers would be only one or two IQ points above what the medical establishment considers "high functioning autistic".
If such a thing was to happen, CRE might be forced to improve their business practice.

Stop laughing! I am being serious!

thanks guys. im just snooping around trying learn as much as i can. i have a family on the line and my wife is a tyype 1 diabetic. me and my family thank you. and ideas on a noob company that has awsome benifits for my wife? i reallydont care about making a fortune because i wont be sending money home since my wife plans on being a passenger. werner was starting to act shady and telling me different things every time. i just want to drive, my whole family is/has been truckers, its in my blood. but i also dont want to make a hasty decision on the wrong company, you know?

There are a lot of starter companies out there. It just so happens you picked the two with the worst reputations.

Millis Transport, Schneider, Heartland...to name a few I don't hear too many complaints about. I'd mention Swift, but you've already expressed your distaste, so I won't waste your time.

Knight also does training. Really it kind of depends on what your looking for.

Some are gonna make you wait a while before your wife can join you( beyond the training phase). Some have benefits after 90 days some are 6 months. Barr-Nunn was the first of the month after you started but I do not think they take students yet.

Get on the phone and call all of the starter companies. Ask a million questions.

Good luck.

It doesn't matter if they research. I have seen this for years. Said person gets online. Says I know they got a lot of bad reviews, but I am a good worker...... it will be different for me... everyone warns them... they get defensive... then they go there; make a few posts... then end up in the witness protection program with a new identity as you never hear from them again......

run like hell run like your hair was on fire:stare1:. don't do it not unless you want to get brainwashed into leasing and then bent over without the grease after you lost your azzz:stirpot2:

There are a lot of starter companies out there. It just so happens you picked the two with the worst reputations.

Millis Transport, Schneider, Heartland...to name a few I don't hear too many complaints about. I'd mention Swift, but you've already expressed your distaste, so I won't waste your time.
Heartland requires 1 year OTR experience. I still get a smirk on my face every time I remember when I caught one of their recruiters pretending to be "Mr. Super Happy Heartland Driver" & then disappeared from the forum as soon as I asked why the IP address traces to their corporate mail server (not an open wi-fi) in Iowa City.
@THBatMan8 has personal experience with CRE. He'd be the one to ask.
You mean the guy who thinks the post office is profitable? o_O

Heartland requires 1 year OTR experience. I still get a smirk on my face every time I remember when I caught one of their recruiters pretending to be "Mr. Super Happy Heartland Driver" & then disappeared from the forum as soon as I asked why the IP address traces to their corporate mail server (not an open wi-fi) in Iowa City.
No idea why I thought they were a starter company. Maybe it's the e-logs and 62mph trucks...

You mean the guy who thinks the post office is profitable? o_O
Yeh. Him. So far, he's been the only one giving a candid good-with-the-bad review of them. And he did manage to last three (?!) years with them.

I wish we could get away from the "starter company" term. Plenty companies out there that hire students, but are also just as good as most (if not all) of the companies that don't hire students. Lots of work these days by companies to try and retain the drivers they train.

No idea why I thought they were a starter company. Maybe it's the e-logs and 62mph trucks...
:rolllaugh3: Yeah.
Never mind the fact the company I sometimes drive for has 65 mph trucks & e-logs & require a year's experience.
I wish we could get away from the "starter company" term. Plenty companies out there that hire students, but are also just as good as most (if not all) of the companies that don't hire students. Lots of work these days by companies to try and retain the drivers they train.
Did you decide this before or after you decided to go pull pumpkins around? ;)

Oh, .... you mean when you were driving for Crete? :D
That was it!

I would still go work for them if I was going to be an OTR company driver. They are one of the few that are hovering up around the .50/mile range. Meawhile, people still go to work for less than .40

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread