• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

CR England

tarocki

For everyones bennifit please understand that CRE is a company designed to make money. They do that by leasing you a truck. They will give you the miles to pay for that truck but thats about it. Your home, car, bills and families well-being is up to you they do not care. They operate off the principle that they allowed the opertunity to achieve excellence in the trucking industry. Thats there world. You owe them and must pay your dues. I believe they are afiliated with the trucking dealerships They even help develope the trucking industry. routes that the trucks used, the type trucks needed to haul west of the missippi. They were some of the first pioneers to travel west in the trucking industry I believe they are tyed in everywhere. trucking dealers, lease company, insureance companies, They do there on maintenance. so why do you have to maintain 10,000 dollar lease maintenance account. you only see the trucking part.

They have schools in texas, LA, Salt Lake city and one in the north west
about 20 students start at each, at $3000 dollars a head. and those school start new classes every week. ok (20 x 30,000) x 4 = $2,400,000.00 a week just on schools alone. Do you think they worry about you?

Welcome to big business where the individual is not a factor. volume make them money they don't even worry about a few lawsuits.

I believe they are afiliated with the trucking dealerships They even help develope the trucking industry. routes that the trucks used, the type trucks needed to haul west of the missippi. They were some of the first pioneers to travel west in the trucking industry I believe they are tyed in everywhere. trucking dealers, lease company, insureance companies, They do there on maintenance.
Paranoid much...?

Why is that paranoia? The company I'm with pioneered a lot of things in specialized hauling, owns many different businesses, and is very diversified.

I've heard that before about England actually. That they helped design trucks that could handle the mountains out west way back when they were hauling milk.

What would you say if you were told that Consolidated Freightways was the driving force behind the development and manufacture of the Freightliner brand?

Because they were.

I kinda meant it more to go along with the whole post. Paranoia about all the things being tied together just to screw you the driver...

Most drivers are stupid and the companies take advantage of that. Read your contracts. they are designed so you cannot make any money. You will always be better off with a company driver position. Always!!!!!!!

It's best that you don't. Even if you get a truck, and bring it to one of these huge companies, you'd be better off than leasing one from them. It really has been an awful experience, and I constantly wonder if I'm right in my thinking that the company is stacking the chips against me.

I brought it up to them once in an argument, and was told it was all in my head, and that them holding freight from me benefits nobody (which is a perfectly valid response) but two weeks later...the same crap happens again. That is, they run you until you make your truck bills, then basically sit you. If you take some money home, great, if not, "Hey driver, that's trucking..."

Oh, I realize trucking isn't perfect, but this is just crap. I imagine all these lease programs are similar this way, which is why I'm still in the thread...

I posted my earlier tread to make the point that companies who lease you a truck do not do it to make every trucker out there a independent contractor. They do it to make money! As the individual you learn "that" by leaseing a truck from them. KNow matter how many times someone tells you something you will not realize it untill it happens to you. ( human Nature) so in truth, if you think about it, they are giving you hands on experience and the foundation of the trucking business. They just made it sound better than it actually is.

To make the trucking business better truckers need to run it. not business men or children of truckers who inherrited the business from there trucking parents. The only experience most of them bring to the table is managing the money there parents made. They can claim history of trucking in there background but they have never really experience the road.

Uneification of truckers to form a better trucking company would be assume. But; then you would have a bunch of individuals or alfa types; all fighting for the lead or CPM. Most of us joined trucking for "the freedom of it and the promises it might bring but the reality is "truckers have made money over the years" and Uncle Sam figured that out. They are doing everything in there power to control it, so they can get the tax revenue.

Any person in a possition of power, exerts most of there effort to maintain that power, there possition, and control. they are affraid they might have to work, so they are going to control it to insure that doesn't happen

peace out :weightlifter::surrender:

Tarocki, obba gooba with the green teeth point man ofd the world.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom