• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

CR England

Terry

Gear Grinding Jerk
After sitting since Friday, the company I work for gets me a CR England load with 5 picks (all California) Livingston, Orange Grove, Strathmore, Bella Terra, and LA.

I got my first pick done fairly quickly as I was only a 40 miles away. I have to wait until 4p local time for my second pick.

So CR England is requiring constant updates. Which I have nothing to tell them because I'm sitting and waiting.

Okay, now I don't want to offend anyone who might be a complete retard and is in need of someone to hold their hand and direct them every minute of the day, but I don't happen to be one of those types of drivers.

Apparently CR England is used to dealing with people who they have to check up on quite a bit. It must be normal operating procedure to keep checking on drivers every 30-60 minute to make sure they didn't abandon the truck, forget where they were going, forget where they were coming from, what time of day it is, etc.

I haven't even made my second pick yet and they are already getting on my nerves.

My last pick is tomorrow in Los Angeles and finishes Thursday in Denver. I am quite certain I am going to have to keep my phone muted or those bastards are going to bug me all night and early in the morning.

I have to be nice because I am not representing myself, but am representing the professionalism (cough, chuckle, snort) of the company I work for. I can't set her straight because the people I work for might get mad.

I could not, would not work for a company they bugged the **** out of me.

This company I work for does just the opposite. They give me a load and then I never hear from them again until after my delivery appt. They don't bug me every hour to ask me what my reefer temp is, where I am, if I am on schedule, or telling me to put on 50 gals here and 75 gals there... blah blah blah.

That would drive me crazy.

I simply wouldn't answer the phone.

I recently got chewed out (sort of) by the big boss at my company because they had me on a CH Robinson back-haul load and I was supposed to call the broker for the pickup number. They asked for my cell phone number.

Well, I've had previous experiences with CH Robinson loads that were just like what you're dealing with. Damn phone ringing every 20 minutes.

So I gave them the big boss's personal cell phone number. 40 minutes later, the broker calls me wanting to know if I was loaded yet, and while I was on the phone with her, I got a text from the boss that just said "not funny".

This is similar to how an operator would program a robot: Input various commands in order for the robot to carry out their tasks. Maybe some companies hire robots that don't want to think for themselves. :dunno:

I've had many loads like that.I either turn off my phone,don't answer and tell them I was driving and don't talk and drive.If I was having some sort of problem they should know they'd get notified immediately.

Yep, i got in an argument with a CHR dispatcher because they called and woke me up. I hate CHR (Cheap & Heavy Robbery)

That would drive me crazy.

I simply wouldn't answer the phone.

I recently got chewed out (sort of) by the big boss at my company because they had me on a CH Robinson back-haul load and I was supposed to call the broker for the pickup number. They asked for my cell phone number.

Well, I've had previous experiences with CH Robinson loads that were just like what you're dealing with. Damn phone ringing every 20 minutes.

So I gave them the big boss's personal cell phone number. 40 minutes later, the broker calls me wanting to know if I was loaded yet, and while I was on the phone with her, I got a text from the boss that just said "not funny".

Why is it that everyone has such crappy experiences with CH Robinson? I hauled that load of wire from East Texas to San Diego last year and it was the worst, pain in the ass load I have ever had to move. The broker was after my dispatcher constantly to have me call them (i had my caller ID on my phone set to "hide"). My dispatcher kept bugging me to give them my phone number so they could call me directly.

My response? You pay 100% of my cell phone bill and I will let anyone you want to have the number.

The shipper insisted on placing the two 20,000lb reels of wire on my stepdeck as they chose, rather than as I would have them. I was the last load on Friday, and the nearest public scale was 60 miles away. The trailer was too heavy. I called CH Robinson. They called the shipper. I was told I would have to wait until Monday to then drive the 60 miles back to the shipper to get the reels moved around.

And the load was supposed to be delivered on Monday.

CH Robinson promised to pay for lost time, extra miles, etc.

Right.

I wound up having a tow truck come out to the truck stop Saturday and moved the reels, and scaled the load. CH Robinson promised to pay for that, plus for the delay.

Never saw a dime.

CH Robinson sucks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread