CONFUSED! I never had this happen before.

Due to an incident that happened in July of '09, which was not my fault, a judgement was placed against my license, My C.D.L. is out of Oklahoma, I am wondering if I surrender my C.D.L., if I could get one in another state. I already tried TVC, and all I got was the runaround. PLEASE HELP!!! I REALLY miss the road, and my Livelihood!

That's a good question,i'm sure you'll get some good answers.I've been driving 9 yrs and I can't think of anything else i'd rather be doing.Did Oklahoma say how long the judgement against your license would be????????????????????????

no sir you cant. they have a data base with all states belonging to what they call the "violators compact act". if your license has been revoked or suspended in one state, it will show up in other states. this includes outstanding traffic warrents and unpaid tickets. friend of mine lost his license in texas and tried to get one in alabama and was denied. as a matter of fact the alabama state police almost arrested him for even trying, because like a dumbass he admitted to knowing full well he was suspended in texas. good luck!

no sir you cant. they have a data base with all states belonging to what they call the "violators compact act". if your license has been revoked or suspended in one state, it will show up in other states. this includes outstanding traffic warrents and unpaid tickets. friend of mine lost his license in texas and tried to get one in alabama and was denied. as a matter of fact the alabama state police almost arrested him for even trying, because like a dumbass he admitted to knowing full well he was suspended in texas. good luck!

Correct.

That's right. When they converted the Commercial Driver's License from just an endorsement about 18 or 20 years ago part of the program was to keep people from doing just that, giving up a license in one jurisdiction and going to another to get a "fresh start".

If you have a judgment against you that you have no fault for, you need to spend the money and get a good lawyer to get the mess straightened out.

That is the only way.

That's right. When they converted the Commercial Driver's License from just an endorsement about 18 or 20 years ago part of the program was to keep people from doing just that, giving up a license in one jurisdiction and going to another to get a "fresh start".

Actually, we carried as many chauffeurs license from as many states as we could get. When you got captured you never presented the actual home state license, which kept it clean. The jurisdiction you were captured in didn't shive a git 'cause they got the money before they released you. Dayum computers put and end to those "good ol' days."

Gotta get the judgment cleared up somehow, pay it off, dispute it or put it in a bankruptcy. Had this happen to me about 5 years ago.. didn't know my license was suspended.. I drove FOUR years on it before I got pulled over for a tail light out. Took me 3 months to get it reinstated (the judgment was taken care of 3 years earlier). The reinstatement process here in Colorado is flat out slow, everything has to go snail mail to the Denver office since they were having fraud problems crop up in the local offices.. I felt like an idiot trying to hitch a ride to work every morning but that was before my livelihood depended on my license. So I feel for you but sounds like everyone is right, HAVE to take care of the judgment first.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread