Never Leave Home Without It

Road Dust

Takes a little sunshine
I remember when I was finishing up cdl school and trying to imagine what to take on the truck with me, having such limited storage.. I read a lot of posts on trucking boards and tried to apply them to what I thought would work for me. So now, I thought I would start this thread on behalf of new drivers everywhere :)

What five things would you never leave home without?

My five would be:
1. Map/atlas
2. pens (definitely more than one)
3. clothes/hygiene (of course)
4. tire guage
5. flashlight

(wanted to throw in gloves and a good book but limited to 5, lol)

Flavored coffee is for women.

I gotta disagree... last time I checked I had balls. Maybe I better check again. lol
I go to am/pm and fill the cup up halfway with "vanilla cappuccino" and top it off with "high voltage java" yummm. It's like dessert in the morning....yay.

If thats so, then i'm secure enough with my manhood to get in touch with my femine side to enjoy a good cup of coffee.

:gay:

I second this motion.

:gay: :gay:

I gotta disagree... last time I checked I had balls. Maybe I better check again. lol
I go to am/pm and fill the cup up halfway with "vanilla cappuccino" and top it off with "high voltage java" yummm. It's like dessert in the morning....yay.

:gay: :gay: :gay:

That actually sounds good. do they have any of those fruity little umbrellas to go along with it?

:gay: :gay: :gay: :gay:

really/ seriously? thats all you can come up with? i couldn't make it any easier for unless i typed it for ya.

I got to go to bed so that will give you time to at least make some kind of effort to not look like such a douche.

View attachment 16234

"And what the Hell does a Mermaid have to do with coffee anyway?

She's not a Mermaid, she's a siren, those two things that come up beside her head are her two tails. Sirens seduced mariners
into following them into rough water, then killed them. Starbucks coffee is very seductive, and might just kill you if you have too many of those Grande lattés.

Siren, mermaid, one tail, two tails, they all swim in the sea and lure sailors to their death.

And when someone walks into a Starbucks and asks for a plain cup of coffee, they are met with blank stares.

Starbucks is the king of the syrup, steamed milk and flavored cup of double caff half caff decaff lotsa caff cup-o-joe. They have built an empire the world 'round. You can find a Starbucks in virtually every corner of the globe.

Boeing even allows Starbucks to operate a coffee shop in their Everett, Washington assembly plant, the largest building in the world by volume.

And it'll cost ya.
View attachment 16234

[video=youtube;ENGUYeiGtNk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENGUYeiGtNk[/video]

Louis Black and his thoughts about Starbucks............pretty funny.

Never had a Starbucks.

I think if you have ever had a decent espresso from any one of the zillions of private independent espresso stands that dot the Puget Sound landscape you have had one just as good as Starbucks sells, and in my own humble opinion even better. There is something about the little guys that a giant like Starbucks simply cannot reproduce.

And Starbucks does not have Irish Cream syrup.

If I want a snazzy cup of espresso I get a double mocha, double shot of Irish Cream. Chocolaty and sweet. Can't get that at a Starbucks because they don't have Irish Cream syrup.

Screw Starbucks.

If I want a snazzy cup of espresso I get a double mocha, double shot of Irish Cream. Chocolaty and sweet. Can't get that at a Starbucks because they don't have Irish Cream syrup.

Screw Starbucks.

You too? :gay:

LOL.

I never put anything "sweet" in coffee because the sugar seems to have the opposite effect of the caffeine. It makes me tired. And due to the sheer quantity of coffee I consume, if I was putting flavor syrup in it, or worse, .... drinking that powder/water mix stuff that comes out of the machines at the gas stations & truck stops, I'd get diabetes quick. It ain't nothing but sugar.

About 10 years ago I was able to tolerate that stuff. Then it just got to the point it was too sweet, so I started mixing the "french vanilla" or "English toffee" 50/50 with coffee. Eventually it was even too sugary for me like that, so I started mixing it 30/70, ... then finally I just said the hell with sugar altogether and the only thing that ever goes into my coffee is liquid creamer or 1/2 & 1/2. Except sometimes I'll get a bottle of Baileys, the real Bailey's, not the non-alcoholic stuff, and only drink it at home. Irish Creme is the only flavor I can stand now, but only if it's the real deal and not just a flavored creamer.

I'd drink the Bailey's and skip the coffee. I've probably had 5 "expresso's" in the last ten years, they just make me tired and sleepy. Maybe it is the sugar. My Dad drank coffee with about half of it being Pet milk, and about 6 tablespoons of sugar.

There's a gene connected to your ability to process caffeine. I subscribe a website called 23andme and have learned a whole bunch of odd ball stuff like that.

All I need is a little bit of caffeine and I am awake for hours. Some ppl can drink it 2 hours before they go to bed and can sleep all night. Not me, and since I work at night, I have to quit drinking coffee by 3 am so that I am able to fall asleep before 10 am. And if I drink too much coffee, I may fall asleep but will only sleep for 2 -4 hours.

I'd drink the Bailey's and skip the coffee. I've probably had 5 "expresso's" in the last ten years, they just make me tired and sleepy. Maybe it is the sugar. My Dad drank coffee with about half of it being Pet milk, and about 6 tablespoons of sugar.

There's a gene connected to your ability to process caffeine. I subscribe a website called 23andme and have learned a whole bunch of odd ball stuff like that.

Espresso is highly concentrated coffee. It's like an entire 8 oz cup of coffee, concentrated into a shot glass.

At least that's what it's SUPPOSED to be. All these "gourmet" coffee places have hijacked that word and now it means "weak-ass coffee with lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of sugar added"

I never put anything "sweet" in coffee because the sugar seems to have the opposite effect of the caffeine. . . . . . It ain't nothing but sugar.

... then finally I just said the hell with sugar altogether and the only thing that ever goes into my coffee is liquid creamer . . . . . . . Except sometimes I'll get a bottle of Baileys, the real Bailey's, not the non-alcoholic stuff, and only drink it at home. Irish Creme is the only flavor I can stand now, but only if it's the real deal and not just a flavored creamer.

I put creamer in my coffee, but nothing else.

Unless it's Bailey's. Real Bailey's, not the "new & improved alcohol-free coffee creamer" they advertise. But I can only do that at home.

. . until I put creamer in it.

What do you think is in the coffee creamer?

Yep, high fructose corn syrup.

And Bailey's?

High fructose corn syrup, of course.

High fructose corn syrup is just another type of highly refined sugar.

To replicate the mouthfeel of milk fats, nondairy creamers often contain vegetable-based fats, although nonfat nondairy creamers/whiteners also exist. Other common ingredients include corn syrup and other sweeteners or/and flavourings (such as French vanilla and hazelnut); as well as sodium caseinate, a milk protein derivative (from casein) that does not contain lactose. The use of a milk derivative prompts some individuals and organisations - such as vegans and Jewish dietary law authorities - to classify the product as "dairy" rather than nondairy. Those who rely on this classification will either not consume the product (e.g. vegans) or will not use or consume it in conjunction with any meat products (e.g. observant Jews).[SUP][/SUP]

Go to this link and read more about the wonderful ingredients of "Plastic Milk".

Mmmmmm!!!! Tasty!!!

What do you think is in the coffee creamer?

Yep, high fructose corn syrup.

And Bailey's?

High fructose corn syrup, of course.

High fructose corn syrup is just another type of highly refined sugar.

Go to this link and read more about the wonderful ingredients of "Plastic Milk".

Mmmmmm!!!! Tasty!!!

"Non-dairy" creamer has all that crap in it. The stuff I use is basically just half & half. None of that powdered crap or anything liquid that says " no refrigeration required". I don't use any "flavored" creamer.

Baileys might have some of that eeeeeevil corn syrup but it has alcohol in it. That makes it ok.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread