Trucking Regulations: Company safety people interpreting driver behavior differently than the DOT does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many post ago the Canadian (legend in his own mind)@Ontario Outlaw said while replying to a post " so your name is Brandon I take it" .
Or something very similar, I can't remember exactly. The guy responds " no it's Jeff ".
That's how that got started.

Now, stop censoring my humorous responses to these threads it makes 'me' angry , lol.
I knew I remembered that right

In most states a driver is required by law to avoid having an accident even if they are doing nothing wrong. If they could have avoided the accident and didn’t because they weren’t legally doing anything wrong, then they are breaking the law by not avoiding the accident. This was a preventable accident on the part of both drivers.

“One can be negligent by failing to do something, such as not yielding the right-of-way to avoid an accident, as well as by actively doing something (such as running a red light).”

While a driver is not required to yield right of way (let the other driver move in front of him) under normal circumstances, he IS required by law to yield right of way to prevent an accident if he sees the other driver is moving into his lane.

“One can be negligent by failing to do something, such as not yielding the right-of-way to avoid an accident, as well as by actively doing something (such as running a red light).”

While a driver is not required to yield right of way (let the other driver move in front of him) under normal circumstances, he IS required by law to yield right of way to prevent an accident if he sees the other driver is moving into his lane.
Not following you. In any traffic situation, one person has right of way over the other. You either have it or you don’t.

In most of these situations, both are guilty of a “preventable “ accident, especially in the eyes of an employer if they see that you could have safely prevented the issue.

Legally. The person coming in on the right is responsible for adjusting their speed to flow into traffic, and if need be, stopping. They have zero right to the property that the person on their left is in under any circumstances

In any lane change, a turn signal is merely a signal of your intention. It never makes it your right to change a lane. It’s common courtesy for a person who sees your signal to offer space if possible, but not a requirement.

Now, if I am a company owner, or safety guy, I will fire a driver who is show a lack of courtesy on the road.

I will also fire a driver who moves into the left lane to let merging traffic in if he/she does it and requires everyone in the left lane to hit their brakes. All a driver is doing in this situation is moving the danger from one lane to another

No one is required by law to yield the right of way. The one required to yield is the one entering the travel lanes. There are even signs for the on ramps that say YIELD.

It's not a "Yield if you're nice or force your way in if you're a dick & trust us because they have to yield even if there's no room and someone rearends them and dies if you don't want to" sign.

Haven't dealt with a 4-way stop or a traffic circle in you life, eh?
Four way stops are everyone stops. It's not yielding because the right of way is broken.

A traffic circle still follows the same rules. If you're in the circle you have the right of way and those entering must yield to those already in. I dealt with three traffic circles in a row repeating the route three times over today and do so regulary.

Four way stops are everyone stops. It's not yielding because the right of way is broken.

A traffic circle still follows the same rules. If you're in the circle you have the right of way and those entering must yield to those already in. I dealt with three traffic circles in a row repeating the route three times over today and do so regulary.
Yet, you are REQUIRED BY LAW to yield right of way entering the circle to traffic established in the circle, or yielding to the driver on the right awhen you arrive simultaneously at crossing riadsI at a 4-way.

I'll let you look it up Mr. Attorney...

Yet, you are REQUIRED BY LAW to yield right of way entering the circle to traffic established in the circle, or yielding to the driver on the right awhen you arrive simultaneously at crossing riadsI at a 4-way.

I'll let you look it up Mr. Attorney...
He said the same thing

Many post ago the Canadian (legend in his own mind)@Ontario Outlaw said while replying to a post " so your name is Brandon I take it" .
Or something very similar, I can't remember exactly. The guy responds " no it's Jeff ".
That's how that got started.

Now, stop censoring my humorous responses to these threads it makes 'me' angry , lol.

Wrong. I never said that. Show me the post where I said my name is Jeff. I've asked twice now and all I get is bullshit.

Here is a screen shot of the search results of everything I ever said on this forum including the word "Jeff." The first time the word was used in my post was when I said my name isn't Jeff.

Attachments

• Capture30.PNG
    Capture30.PNG
    32.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
What’s wrong with the name Jeff?
Nothing, but he's stated that it's not his name and it's quite obvious he doesn't want to be called Jeff, and at this point continuing to call him Jeff is purely antagonistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread