Cleaning House


Road Dust

Takes a little sunshine
What products do you use to keep your truck clean, inside and out?
 

I saw a youtube video where this dude was giving examples of good stuff to have in the truck, and he had this lil' air blower that T'd into the air line behind the drivers seat. I thought that was a pretty good idea for blowin out the front floor area of dirt and such. Do any of you have one of these?
I don't have one installed. I have seen them. You can find them at any truck stop. My take on those is, You can blow the dirt around, In the long run you will have to clean the dust off the guages and the dash in the long run.
 
I don't. My opinion is, it just blows the dust from the floor to the dash. Considering what we walk through in truck stops, I don't really want to atomize it with 125psi air and send it up into the air so I can breathe it.
 
I clean my windows with:

  • 16 ounce bottle of ammonia
  • 16 ounce bottle of alcohol

Mix those with a gallon of water, makes a great window cleaner. Bugs come off immediately. I keep a gallon of it in the side box and pour it into a small spray bottle.
 
I was in Connecticut, sitting next to a guy who had his 8-ish year old daughter with him in the truck. He told her to ask for a radio check. When she did, one Mensa member keyed up and asked where she was, did she want a date and ooohh, the things he'd like to do with her. The dad picked up the mike and told the genius where the young voice could be found and he'd happily take care of the guy...and oh, by the way, that was my third grade daughter.

Oddly, across the way, a driver was dragged out of his truck by a previously uninvolved observer and given a black eye to remember the little girl.

Instant karma is a beautiful thing.
 
I saw a youtube video where this dude was giving examples of good stuff to have in the truck, and he had this lil' air blower that T'd into the air line behind the drivers seat. I thought that was a pretty good idea for blowin out the front floor area of dirt and such. Do any of you have one of these?

I have one of those. I bought it from a TruckPro for 20 bucks. It does work great. Not only does it clean any dust, it cools your nuts on a hot day. Yea, I said it! :leer:
 
I clean my windows with:

  • 16 ounce bottle of ammonia
  • 16 ounce bottle of alcohol

Mix those with a gallon of water, makes a great window cleaner. Bugs come off immediately. I keep a gallon of it in the side box and pour it into a small spray bottle.

Interesting. We used to use a diluted solution of vinegar and water mixed in spray bottles, but I've never heard of mixing isopropyl alcohol and ammonia. I take it that there aren't any toxic fumes from mixing the two? Ammonia is pretty nasty just by itself.
 
Isopropyl alcohol and amonia do not chemically interact like that. Wintertime windshield wash fluid has alcohol in it. It's what makes it also a deicer.

Just don't mix amonia and bleach. That's when you'll wind up in trouble.
 
I love pinesol that stuff kicks butt. I cannot stand windex it makes me sick. I use vinegar and newspaper on the windows. Regular bleach mixed with water for floors.
I've tried vinegar and newspaper but it never worked for me. It ended up kinda smeary. Vinegar is excellent for mopping floors at the home 20, though.
 

Back
Top