• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Barr-Nunn Transportation

Reviewer

Barr-Nunn offers a wide array of driving options to meet your needs. As a medium-sized carrier, Barr-Nunn is small enough to address your needs as a driver on a personal level, and large enough to attract major shippers. Please click on a driving position below for more information.

Company Driver Benefits: (View Full List)
Paid Weekly (no hold)
Paid Vacation (cashout available)
Affordable Medical and Dental Insurance (Blue Cross/Blue Shield)
Prescription Card
Vision Savings Plan available
Cafeteria Plan (make daycare and medical expenses tax-free)
401(k) Plan Available DAY ONE ($0.02/mile company contribution)

Owner Operator Benefits: (View Full List)
No escrow required
$1.24 per Gallon Fuel Guarantee
Health Insurance Plan Available
Vision Savings Plan available
Fuel Surcharge - 100% reimbursed to Owner/Operator
Fuel discounts at Barr-Nunn's fuel stops
Paid Plates, Permits, Tolls, Scales, & Fuel Taxes
Discounted/Free PrePass Plus available

(Information via Barr-Nunn and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website)

For more information on Barr-Nunn, visit - Trucking Company - Barr-Nunn Transportation, Inc: Trucking and Logistics

Do you work for this company, or have you worked for it in the past? Give a review here. If you have questions, post them here as well for drivers who are familiar with the company to answer if possible.

I've had a couple of People (recruiters?) call regarding a possible position there yet didn't return their calls.
I've looked into their running lanes and I refuse to go into the North East and FloriDUH, so I'll personally pass on applying to Barr-Nunn.

Give it a shot for a few Months as it may not be as bad as I've decided it would be, for me.

A friend of our's is driving for them so far he's liking it, And making aroun $900. week, been home almost every week-end. But yea he does live on this sand bar Florida.

Here is my experience with Barr Nunn, I get a call saying everything looks good on my application but we have a few questions about some gaps in employment. The sort of called gaps of unemployment for which I had taken off to raise my children after their mother passed away. Well, Barr Nunn tells me that these gaps are more than two months in a years time, so they cannot hire me. What kind of company is going to hold that against a driver, to keep a good driver grounded. What a slap in the face!

Well, that's just WRONG.. and since when did they become sooo picky about hiring drivers over such lame excuses...That's just one company, don't let it get you down..You just move on..and your right "what a slap in the face".

Here is my experience with Barr Nunn, I get a call saying everything looks good on my application but we have a few questions about some gaps in employment. The sort of called gaps of unemployment for which I had taken off to raise my children after their mother passed away. Well, Barr Nunn tells me that these gaps are more than two months in a years time, so they cannot hire me. What kind of company is going to hold that against a driver, to keep a good driver grounded. What a slap in the face!

this isnt the only company to do this.. CCC told me the same thing.

this isnt the only company to do this.. CCC told me the same thing.

Sounds to me like some of these companies do not want drivers that know how to behave responsibly. Never mind the fact that if a driver is responsible enough to come off of the road to take care of business where it needs to be addressed, rather than staying out on the road and letting life's problems eat at the driver everyday, thus making the driver unsafe. I guess drivers are not suppose to be able to think for themselves, and do what is best for their families.

Sounds to me like some of these companies do not want drivers that know how to behave responsibly. Never mind the fact that if a driver is responsible enough to come off of the road to take care of business where it needs to be addressed, rather than staying out on the road and letting life's problems eat at the driver everyday, thus making the driver unsafe. I guess drivers are not suppose to be able to think for themselves, and do what is best for their families.
Sorry to hear about your problem getting hired.I wonder if it might have something to do with there insurance(not health). I am a Barr-Nunn driver.I have been there a few months.I work the Ohio regional.I've never went farther North than New york state.They have run me out west to Nebraska and Iowa.Up to Wisconsin and down to Georgia.I am really happy there. I would recommend them to anyone.

I e-mailed some recruiter with a HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION regarding having 2 DUI/DWIs (1 in '91 and 1 in '86) and the response was "We're not interested in talking at this time".
He or She apparently cannot discern the difference between HYPOTHETICAL and real if the person even knows what hypothetical means.
They state as well "No more than 1 DUI/DWI in a Lifetime"(regardless of age of crime) like Schneider, BJ Hunt, and some other Companies stipulate.
That was the basis for my hypothetical situation/question.

Barr-Nunn is fine with me and I'm glad there are Drivers there that are happy.
There are happy drivers at all companies.

Ta-ta for now. :popcorn:

• Down Payment Options
    • OPTION 1: $1500 Sign On Payment provided if company driver has less then 60,000 miles
    • OPTION 2: $2500 Sign On Payment provided after 60,000 miles as a Company driver with Barr-Nunn.
    • OPTION 3: $3500 Sign On Payment provided after 120,000 miles as a Company driver with Barr-Nunn.
  • Starting pay up to $0.920 per mile
  • Access to Barr-Nunn's revolutionary Business Forward Program for Owner/Operators
  • A Partnership with American Truck Business Services to provide assistance with budgeting, tax preparation, bookkeeping, and business consulting

The Tractor Purchase Program is a great way to start your own successful trucking business.

Ok so are they paying us or are we paying them? LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread