• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Barr-Nunn Transportation

Reviewer

Barr-Nunn offers a wide array of driving options to meet your needs. As a medium-sized carrier, Barr-Nunn is small enough to address your needs as a driver on a personal level, and large enough to attract major shippers. Please click on a driving position below for more information.

Company Driver Benefits: (View Full List)
Paid Weekly (no hold)
Paid Vacation (cashout available)
Affordable Medical and Dental Insurance (Blue Cross/Blue Shield)
Prescription Card
Vision Savings Plan available
Cafeteria Plan (make daycare and medical expenses tax-free)
401(k) Plan Available DAY ONE ($0.02/mile company contribution)

Owner Operator Benefits: (View Full List)
No escrow required
$1.24 per Gallon Fuel Guarantee
Health Insurance Plan Available
Vision Savings Plan available
Fuel Surcharge - 100% reimbursed to Owner/Operator
Fuel discounts at Barr-Nunn's fuel stops
Paid Plates, Permits, Tolls, Scales, & Fuel Taxes
Discounted/Free PrePass Plus available

(Information via Barr-Nunn and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website)

For more information on Barr-Nunn, visit - Trucking Company - Barr-Nunn Transportation, Inc: Trucking and Logistics

Do you work for this company, or have you worked for it in the past? Give a review here. If you have questions, post them here as well for drivers who are familiar with the company to answer if possible.

they r sitting alot. I know they have been getting real nit picky on everything.
They really do need to be watched...................

They can be very picky now and that's too bad. I am 64, wow old as dirt to an employer . I was layed off from a company for lack of work . I have a good driving record , past employes liked the way I have worked , but I have been turned down from about three companies now . Oh NO, they don't age discriminate . They just don't dare tell you why they turn you down.

Hello Everyone I am new to the forum, was reading for the last couple of hours and now it's 1:10 in the morning and time to hit it. I look forward to reading more and asking some questions. Until then take care and God Bless.

never have worked for them but i have heard some good things about them and there benefits are second to no one

BARR NUNN TRANSPORTATION INC DBA
Address 1803 BURR OAK BLVD
GRANGER, IA 50109 Mailing Address PO BOX 518
GRANGER, IA 50109-0518
Telephone/Fax (515) 999-2525/(515) 999-2109 Email [email protected]
Number of Power Units 580 Number of Drivers 490 Transports or Ships HM Yes
Date of Last
MCS-150 Update 12/18/2009 Date of Last FMCSA Review 08/13/2009 Review Type NON-RATABLE REVIEW

DRSEA 46.69 47.92 42.04 43.86 46.98 48.98 ( this is their driver safety record) It is horrible. A good company would be above 90

VHSEA 28.68 23.79 21.21 19.20 21.82 22.96 (this is their vehicle safety record) Bet those drivers pay out alot of tickets, OUCH..

US DOT #: 261978 MC #: 178033

If you have any sense at all stay away from these guys. They have 580 units, there record should be alot better. This record shows this company has the trainees and no professional drivers which probably is because they dont pay shit!!!

They can be very picky now and that's too bad. I am 64, wow old as dirt to an employer . I was layed off from a company for lack of work . I have a good driving record , past employes liked the way I have worked , but I have been turned down from about three companies now . Oh NO, they don't age discriminate . They just don't dare tell you why they turn you down.

Ain't that the truth!
and the only thing "Golden" in the Golden Years is.... ..... .... your pee is yellow!

BARR NUNN TRANSPORTATION INC DBA
Address 1803 BURR OAK BLVD
GRANGER, IA 50109 Mailing Address PO BOX 518
GRANGER, IA 50109-0518
Telephone/Fax (515) 999-2525/(515) 999-2109 Email [email protected]
Number of Power Units 580 Number of Drivers 490 Transports or Ships HM Yes
Date of Last
MCS-150 Update 12/18/2009 Date of Last FMCSA Review 08/13/2009 Review Type NON-RATABLE REVIEW

DRSEA 46.69 47.92 42.04 43.86 46.98 48.98 ( this is their driver safety record) It is horrible. A good company would be above 90

VHSEA 28.68 23.79 21.21 19.20 21.82 22.96 (this is their vehicle safety record) Bet those drivers pay out alot of tickets, OUCH..

US DOT #: 261978 MC #: 178033

If you have any sense at all stay away from these guys. They have 580 units, there record should be alot better. This record shows this company has the trainees and no professional drivers which probably is because they dont pay shit!!!

Though I do not drive for Barr-Nunn, I respectfully beg to differ with you.... you do not want a score of 90... that is considered horrible. Their scores are actually decent and according to CSA2010, there is no need for intervention from the FMCSA in any category at this time. People are saying the same thing about New Century, including some of our current drivers... that we have a horrible CSA score. Just checked. We're actually doing pretty good. Remember, with this CSA2010, the lower your score the better

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread