APU for my 91 FLA86

I have a 1991 Freightliner COE has ac/neater now.
Would like to run an apu, if I'm going to hook up my truck
I don't have an issue with spending the money, I just want
the best all round unit I can get.

Biggest problem I see is adding enough wire and lines to still raise the cab. And finding a suitable spot for the hardware and duct work

I have a bit of space actually... I'm able to put my Fire extinguisher's, triangle's, tool's, etc.
Here are a few pics to help yall to better see what I am working with.

The roll up headache rack 90W/72T/16D. is going to be for, hanging clothes on both sides. Batteries bottom middle,
Gallons of coolant, and oil. That should free up alot of space.

Attachments

Tri pacs always did me well.
I've never used anything but Carrier, and it was new and had never been run before me. It worked great but expensive.
I looked into tried pac, and hp2000. Tri pac seems to be the most convenient way to go, more parts and places for repair.
Thank you for your help. I appreciate all my trucker brothers and sisters out here.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
I favor TriPac - they're quieter than Carrier.

There's no ducting from the engine module to the cab... that's all self-contained on the rear cab wall on most trucks. The wiring on a standard installation does enter at the rear cab wall on a standard installation. That's not going to work on a COE.

Humble pie

Another Acert bites the dust
Supporter
I favor TriPac - they're quieter than Carrier.

There's no ducting from the engine module to the cab... that's all self-contained on the rear cab wall on most trucks. The wiring on a standard installation does enter at the rear cab wall on a standard installation. That's not going to work on a COE.
It could, you would just have to make it long enough to run down the frame to the front of the truck, then all the all the way to the back securing it to the bottom of the cab, that will be the only way I can see it working.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)