Any good podcast recommendations?

Not really it’s the duck commander guys just sitting around talking
You mean the yuppies turned down home country folk?

I don't know anything about them I've never intentionally watched it but I've been at several places where their television show has been on. I don't get it.
I don't know much either. The only reason I'm aware of their "rebranding" was because before my sister deleted me from Facebook for being a Trump voter she hated them and railed against them endlessly.

I was turned off years ago simply because of the popularity of their merchandise. Anything that appeals to the masses to that degree usually doesn't interest me.

Country people and wanna be country people really are the worst of all the cultural subsets at mindlessly following trends and Duck Commander merchandise was one.

Other examples can be found in pickup trucks. Letters up the side of the windshield, giant exhaust routed through the bed, four extra tires across the back window.

Squatting a truck.

My tires and rims is enough for me.

I don't know much either. The only reason I'm aware of their "rebranding" was because before my sister deleted me from Facebook for being a Trump voter she hated them and railed against them endlessly.

I was turned off years ago simply because of the popularity of their merchandise. Anything that appeals to the masses to that degree usually doesn't interest me.

Country people and wanna be country people really are the worst of all the cultural subsets at mindlessly following trends and Duck Commander merchandise was one.

Other examples can be found in pickup trucks. Letters up the side of the windshield, giant exhaust routed through the bed, four extra tires across the back window.

Squatting a truck.

My tires and rims is enough for me.
The fact that you got tires and rims surprised me.

I always figured you were the drive-the-Prius-as-it-comes kinda guy.

I remember you posted some YouTube videos a while back and you look like a math teacher. Math teachers are usually okay with hubcaps.

Unless that wasn't you.

The fact that you got tires and rims surprised me.

I always figured you were the drive-the-Prius-as-it-comes kinda guy.

I remember you posted some YouTube videos a while back and you look like a math teacher. Math teachers are usually okay with hubcaps.

Unless that wasn't you.
Looks can be deceiving.

If I were a math teacher the Chinese would already have eaten our lunch.

Certain numbers and patterns I have to be very careful with, in fact. I've had a few jobs where we had to write down mileage for this or that.

I'll stick to words thanks.

The Robertson’s are actually good people. They grew up very, very, very poor. They worked hard, found a niche and cashed in on it. I don’t blame them. The tv show was just that a tv show. They had several hunting shows before discovery channel.

Another awesome episode.

Highlights include:

Virus origin information and how the Chinese virus labs even came to be.

How Trump goofed during the early stages of the virus outbreak. You hear people say that but they never offer any additional insight. This episode did.

The Global Virome Project - Holy Shit.

Why the Tik Tok ban fell apart.

Stories from Uighur camp survivors.

How the US isn't thinking far enough ahead in terms of emerging nations and technology. And China is.

Confucius institutes.

Why Nike and Apple and many others are shit companies complicit in human rights abuses.

I don't know how people can just listen to music all day. The least you can do for yourself is be informed.

One of the comparisons Tyson made was this and it sort of blew my mind.

Otherwise this was to me a lot of high IQ mumbo jumbo. You know how smart people are when they get to talking!

It's one of the reasons I'm still on this forum with you folks.

I don't want to get carried away with myself and it keeps me humble.

Anyway what he said was:

Humans used horses for literally thousands of years. Not just horses but all the industries that supported horses. Blacksmiths. Saddle makers. On and on.

Then take 1900 to say 1930.

In that tiny span of time we went from being almost 100% reliant on horses for individual transportation to cars.

In places like NYC and other big cities all of a sudden you couldn't give away a horse.

The same will happen with electric cars.

I think we are staring that in the face.

Last edited:
I love Stuff you Missed in History Class, and Lore. My friend has a few funny podcasts The Lazy Geeks. If you like two guys bullshitin' about everything and nothing. I'm a Star Trek fan so I particularly love their Away Team podcast.

Another awesome episode.

Highlights include:

Virus origin information and how the Chinese virus labs even came to be.

How Trump goofed during the early stages of the virus outbreak. You hear people say that but they never offer any additional insight. This episode did.

The Global Virome Project - Holy Shit.

Why the Tik Tok ban fell apart.

Stories from Uighur camp survivors.

How the US isn't thinking far enough ahead in terms of emerging nations and technology. And China is.

Confucius institutes.

Why Nike and Apple and many others are shit companies complicit in human rights abuses.

I don't know how people can just listen to music all day. The least you can do for yourself is be informed.

I can't listen to podcasts for the same reason I can't talk on the phone.

I end up missing my exit.

I can't listen to podcasts for the same reason I can't talk on the phone.

I end up missing my exit.

Yeah well Billy Ray Cyrus and the rest of the 90s country crowd would make me puke all over my interior, slip on the pedals and crash.

So there.

How the hell can what you're listening to distract you that badly?

If that's genuinely the case you should be listening to nothing but the sound of your own bowels.

I've had trucks with no radios. My bowels sound like whale song crashing into a trailer park on a Saturday night.

I'll take my audio distractions any time I can, thanks.

Yeah well Billy Ray Cyrus and the rest of the 90s country crowd would make me puke all over my interior, slip on the pedals and crash.

So there.

How the hell can what you're listening to distract you that badly?

If that's genuinely the case you should be listening to nothing but the sound of your own bowels.

I've had trucks with no radios. My bowels sound like whale song crashing into a trailer park on a Saturday night.

I'll take my audio distractions any time I can, thanks.
I consider podcasts and such active listening and music passive listening.

Thata because the music you listen to wasn't worth anything then and is also worth nothing now.

Sorry dude. Billy Ray Cyrus destroyed the entire genre with one song.
And still he was allowed to breed and his spawn comes in with a "wrecking ball".
Yeah it is a song but I am not going to youtube it because that would be on my permanent Youtube record.

I don't know why the hell it's pulling up Episode 5 of The Pleasant Valley War, but this whole series is pretty good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread