An Alternative

McCabe

Shippers are getting tired of brokers as well. As an alternative I work for a user-friendly load board with NO brokers allowed on it. Over 3K shippers have membership and are posting their loads complete with their full contact information.

If you would like to discuss it please PM me your contact information and I will be happy to contact you from the office during business hours.

Tom McCabe

So, what then, you put carriers in contact with shippers or something?

I imagine you're not doing this for free.

Isn't that brokering...of a sort?

There is an annual membership that both the carriers and shippers pay. Now imagine if you could tell your broker that you will pay him $1000 a year as a flat fee but they do not get any piece of the loads. I think we can conservatively say that there is room for you to make 10 percent more on your loads and the shipper can also save 10 on their cost as an average.

So for every $100K in loads that you do each year you are now making an extra 10 percent or $10K per year. That is not a bad return over a year for your 1K investment.

That is just the obvious benefit. Unlike brokers each and every load has the complete contact information for the shipper. After doing a load or two you can develop a long term relationship with the shipper. Keep in mind that shippers are paying an annual membership so they can cut out the brokers. The mind set on these shippers is not one of not wanting to be bothered working direct with the carrier they are paying money to do so. Would you rather cold call?

Now when I tell you that the carrier investment is only $300 per year (less than 1/2 a tank of fuel) do you still believe our service has no more value than what the brokers offer?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom