Have an interesting story

Any half way honest truck dealer will already have Dyno tested the truck and fixed the problems before they sell it. Any used truck I have bought from a dealer in the last 10 years(2) gave me a copy of the test along with the printout of the engine specs

Any half way honest truck dealer will already have Dyno tested the truck and fixed the problems before they sell it. Any used truck I have bought from a dealer in the last 10 years(2) gave me a copy of the test along with the printout of the engine specs

I would personally take it myself to another dealer and pay for a dyno myself. You know how shady these people are today, whats to say they didn't just make a fake dyno report?

Well, if it is a detroit, the dealer has nothing to do with the readings, they came right from the main frame in Detroit, so any engine test, no matter where it is done is going to say the same thing because it is coming from the same computer, CAT dealers have their own computers but they supposedly are not able to change the manufacturer software which every computer is supposed to have, cummings, mack and the rest of them I have no idea about, I have had two cummings motors in my life, one was mechanical and the other was a red top that I could not stand(it ate injectors) but I was never allowed in the shop when they did the work so don't know their system for checking the engine specs, whatever it was, it did not work, got rid of that truck as soon as I could

Yeah,do what I did with that England outfit,same kind of senario,diffirent company,only money I ever got was a $100.00 a week draw,they kept everything else,just call up the idiot that got U into this position,tell'em U quit and give back the piece of shit,walk away,and dont look back, there aint' shit they can do,there try to scare U, with BS bout colection agency's,they cant do zip!turn them into the BBB,call ur Labor commission,file a claim for failure to pay wages due,they 'll send U to another place where U can file on them again,and so on,dont let up on them, they'll some get tired of answering all those other state and federal agency's,they'll just quit,worked for me,and everytime I submit a application for work, I list them as defaulting on the lease agreement,Good Luck,DangerousDan

My buddy is on his way back to Utah and tomorrow he's dropping off his 2010 T2000 in Central's terminal. They can't do nothing to him, but he's quitting his lease because he found a local job that pays just about the same as he used to make a week with Central. Just walk away. The lease isn't a real lease. A true lease means your name is on the registration of that truck and the company that leased it to you is the lean holder. Drop the truck back at a terminal, take pictures of it outside the terminal of the company your leased to, take pictures to confirm the condition of the truck and walk away. They put something on your DAC for "abandonment of equipment" and you got proof of you not abandoning the truck.

I really feel sorry for the innocent people that get suckered into these kinds of scams. Leasing or buying a brand new fancy expensive truck isn't for the people that have to be home frequently. You have to sacrifice home time to cover your truck payment and stay ahead of the game. Obviously, thats not a problem for me since I don't want to be home all the time anyway lol. When I signed my first lease with CRS, I read it thoroughly and made sure I wasn't getting myself into trouble. The only thing that got me to lease my 2nd lease is the fact that I want to maintain and drive my truck without worrying about lack of maintenance and all that good stuff. Yeah, I'm paying $75,000 in "lease" payments, but when it comes to forking over that $30,000 at the end of the lease, I'll be satisfied with my 1 driver driven truck.

Now before I signed my life away as an independent contractor for CRS, I believe part of the contract agreement is that they must dispatch me with as many loads and miles as I can do legally, and if I am down for 24hrs + they must pay me layover pay of $150 a day and if my truck is in the shop longer than 24hrs, they are to pay me $150 a day and try to get me into a loaner truck until my truck is fixed.

I'm sorry, but the name C.R. England is enough to know it's a scam without even having to read it. No offense..

This is a brief calculation of what I do a week.

Truck payment.....$525
Insurance.............$80
APU.......................$120
--------------------------------------
Total Expense.......$725

So lets say I run a total of 3,400 miles a week. So for 3,400/6mpg =~567 gallons of fuel needed. There should be no reason why I purchase anymore than that. I usually leave 20 gallons as a reserve. So at 567 x $3 a gallon =$1,701 in fuel purchase. Todays fuel surcharge is at 30 cents a mile. 3,400 x .30 =$1,020 reimbursements. That means I'm only paying $681 for fuel. So now the match changes:

Total fixed Expense .....$725
Total fuel cost..............$681
---------------------------------------
Total expense...............$1,406

Now, I get 88 cents a mile x 3,400 = $2,992

Total Income................$2,992
Total Expense...............$1,406
-----------------------------------------
Net................................$1,586

In other words, what I'm trying to say here is that you have to really break down things. Buying too much fuel, unneeded accessories, not monitoring your expense is what I see break O/O-L/O. When your an O/O or L/O your now running a business and running a business comes with a great deal of responsibilities. If dispatch gives me a 500 mile run that takes 3 days to deliver, you think I'm accepting that load? No, unless they'll let me drop this load at a drop yard/terminal. I also monitor the load database to make sure that there's freight to the region I'm going to.

I'm not sure about CRE or USX, but I'm assuming they have a website you can go to and access load and freight information? For example, I go to CRS's freight database and I'll pick loads that aren't assigned to trucks to try to keep me going.

Every driver i spoke to that got into one of these lease purchase programs either ended up going back to being a company driver or ended up working basically free. Besides if anyone reads landline magazine there is an articel there about how all these lease purchase programs might soon get outlawed. I'll find the article and post it here for you guys to read.

My husband and I are in a lease purchase program and so far are doing well. The first year was the hardest, and as of early next year we will have paid off our lease and we will be purchasing the truck. He says the truck is a great truck not a lemon. WE have kept up all our maintenance, and even will still have some warranty on truck when we purchase it. We both run it like a business, our own business, and we look at it this way as well as failure is not a option...LOL[/B]

My husband and I are in a lease purchase program and so far are doing well. The first year was the hardest, and as of early next year we will have paid off our lease and we will be purchasing the truck. He says the truck is a great truck not a lemon. WE have kept up all our maintenance, and even will still have some warranty on truck when we purchase it. We both run it like a business, our own business, and we look at it this way as well as failure is not a option...LOL[/B]

Some people can always fall into a pile of sh*t and come out smelling like a rose. There are some who make it with a L/P but very few. You might end up being one of the few hopefully so for your sake.

Drive the truck to their yard, clean it out and go home. Dont listen to their bs.Take the hit on your credit report cause owning a truck is gonna eventually kill your credit anyway and DONT ever think about leasing or buying another truck ever!! I was a o/o for ten years now im broke w 30k in credit card debt from diesel fuel drive somebodys truck and be happy

I cant help u out on this...but i have been driving for 17 years as an otr company drvr...and never wanted to lease a truck because of the same thing your husband is going thru. I have heard lots of the same stories from drvrs who leased to companies. And US Express has a bad reputation as a bad company. They get u in the door with a brand new truck and fancy talk, then basically **** on you. If he cant get out of the lease..he may have to just stick it out until it is up. Other drvrs may have more info for u on what he can do. I feel for you husband. Good luck...

I agree with this writer, best thing to do is stick it out and try to down size your expenses...since they are carpping on you and ur husband like this never know what they would do if you break the contract...

how you make the claim you will never own the truck. Your repeating talking points. We had 44 drivers in our fleet last year recieve there titles most stayd with the company. Others moved on to be local drivers home more etc. Some sold there truck started another lease. 2 drivers actually hired drivers to drive there truck. And started another lease. As far as C.R. England goes i been driving 21yrs total .17 as a company cr england i learned along time ago stay away from them. Somebody didnt do there research.

manegment is everything. I dont always get 3000mi a week. The economy isnt good. So what do i do. I drive 60 mph. I dont buy anymore fuel than i need. My company offers .30 dicount on there network so i use there network. Ive driven 2500 miles in a week and made 1500 net . But ive also driven 2500 mi a week and made 900 net . Gotta watch what your doing cause the freight isnt out there. Alot of drivers drive 70mph knowing when they get there . They gotta sit and wait for there appt. I take my time save fuel. When i drive 65mph my net i swear 800. When i drive 55 my net 1200. Big difference sometimes it determines if you get a check or not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom