Dont be an idiot

You got that right.Mnay of thesse companies I swear hire pretty boys and gals fresh out of colledge and doesnt have a clue about the industry and wont listen to any advice the driver may have.I know because ive had my share of those dispatchers.The 2 I have now I really like.Drivers may put the blame of brokers because drivers are always getting blamed for everything.

True, you really need to watch the sidelines a bit before trying to advise truckers on loads and lanes and the routes. I had a broker call me asking if I wanted to send my truck down to new orleans, this is two days before Katrina. I was like are you serious and she said yes we are paying 1.85 a mile or something. I was like and, she replied well that rate is higher than ev one else in dallas. I said do you realise you are the only idiot in the country trying to get a truck into new orleans right now. She was like "why do you think that?" I replied, Well it probably has alot to do with everything being shutdown on account of the hurricane and she said "WHAT HURRICANE" Now thats a true idiot!

I doubt it flatbed, thats a damn good rate, about $2.75 a mile. Best I have ever done for a flatbed was South texas to memphis with an onion load, which paid $2.00 per 50 pound bag. He hauled around 48000 pounds so he got around 2k for about 900 miles.
Now I do get some short $3.00 loads sometimes, but the miles are under 500 so you still dont make much!

I like the short hauls as well as the long ones. I do a lot of work in Denver, it seems many drivers don't like the mountains, but I can't get enough, We hope to have a shop in Silverton by next year. I will leave what I have here for my kids to fight over and the queen and I will settle out west in the mountains. I have had a real bad itch to get out of Indiana for the last 5 out of 6 years. Good area for work, but still not high enough and far enough away from the city.

Whats your trailer haul, 47k 48k? You could make good money on wray colorado onions. No tarps, just straps. Those loads can fetch up around 2.50 a mile which is hella better than dead head. If I remember right eagle claw is in colorado too. My truck took a load of raw wire to them from greensburg or something like that and it paid pretty well!

Hey flat, just hired my first flatbed o/o today. I have him some fairly strong rates out of the midwest, 2.50 plus. If you get to where your rates are sucking wind holler at me and lets see what we can do for you.

I don't judge people by their race or sex, by their sexual preference or by their appearance... I also don't judge people by their "title". Just because someone is a "broker" doesn't make him bad. I get so tired of hearing these "so called" truck drivers who hate everything and everyone. If life as a trucker makes people so miserable that they have to lash out at strangers they've never met, maybe it's time you find a different line of work before you stroke out from all the pent up anger and tension.

I'm a Biker. I invite you to judge me but if we meet and you do decide to judge me, it's in your best interest to keep the verdict to yourself. I could care less what people think of me.

For all those that jump on the "I hate brokers" bandwagon... think how you feel when you, as a truck driver, walk into a non-trucking related establishment and people look at you or treat you like trash because you are "just a truck driver". Think about how the shippers and receivers treat you because you are "just a truck driver". Think about this the next time you decide to bash "just a broker".

PPl that hate everone and everything actually just hate themselves.

Actually, if truth be told, most of the people who get on here and raise hell with people are the ones who were unpopular and bullied in school. They had the athletic ability of a sloth and couldn't get a girlfriend unless it was the type you had to keep the air pressure checked in. They were losers then and they are losers now. It's that simple.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom