Air Dryer ??

Silverwolf

Kinda new to these things. Just noticed theres an air dryer under my cab by the tanks. Its the big black dome one, not the small cartridge looking one I saw on another thread. How do I know if its working or needs service? Never used one before, not sure what to do with it as far as maintenance. I've had this truck 5 months now and I never knew it was there, so I have no idea if any work has been put into it, or if it needs work. lol

Open the drain on the wet tank, if it's dry, it's working. You should also hear the purge when the compressor cycles off. And I would change the cartridge anyway, just to safe.

That style works the same as the smaller ones, the difference being that yours uses air held within the dome for the purge cycle, rather than using a bit of air from your tanks.

I used to change the cartridge up until the time I blew the bottom out of the canister at which point I just put a new ari drier in when needed

Last edited:
Canister change once a year. When you get a large amount of water in your wet tank change the whole assembly. At that point your heating element is bad and all the rubber will be gummies.

Mine pops normal. I have a small leak some were in the front so it builds to 120 ish then the front bleeds off a bit to about 100, then charges again and pops. Kind of odd. Can't find the leak. Doesn't drain out much so not too worried right now. Just worried about the dryer and my other post on the anti lock thing. lol

:violin::thefinger:

I will not subscribe to your u-tube channel! I most definitely will not give you a thumbs up, that's up to the doctor.
:bootyshake:
Screw th' doctor...

Give @Hammer166 a sawbuck, an' he'll give a bottle of that ol' man elixir he put back when his social security kicked in back in '73.

:biggrin-2:

:thefinger:

:tongueout:

I will not subscribe to your u-tube channel! I most definitely will not give you a thumbs up, that's up to the doctor.
:bootyshake:
:rolllaugh3:

Lol Funny were a post can go
Yeh, we have some real clowns around here.. Stick around a while and watch the show. It's an addictive crowd. Pretty soon, you find yourself joining in....and then, you are assimilated.

Like the Borg..

the collection of mega carriers that endlessly suck in drivers and brainwash them into thinking they are the greatest companies ever and once the drivers are assimilated they will forever be drones of the hive,[ mega carriers] and directed by the queen, [ATA]
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread