• There actually is fuel savings on short rubber, ding dong

• Tall rubber or no rubber!

• 24.5” just looks better

• Who cares

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
I need new summer drives soon.

I can’t find my summer tires rolling resistance. My winter tires have about 100 rolling resistances. Whatever that means.

But Michelin’s site doesn’t ask for a tire size so I don’t know if an 11R24.5” has more rolling resistance than the same tread but an 11R22.5” :dunno:

22.5 has less rolling resistance. I think it comes from the shorter sidewalls mostly.

:confused-96:

You’re talking an inch, if you’re comparing 11R22.5” to 11R24.5”....

I’m not saying you’re wrong I’m skeptical that’s gonna make a difference...
No I’m comparing short rubber 265/75R22.5 to tall rubber 11R24.5. Your talking closer to 2.5”-3”

Changing wheel/tire diameter will change rpm/mph- typically a taller tire will improve hi way fuel mileage but reduce start and stop mileage and a shorter tire is the converse of that. Speedometer reading will be different from one to the other faster for short slower for tall- but, the above/previous depends on the rear end ratio- if truck came with gearing for a short tire, changing to a taller tire will lower rpm at hi way speed and vice versa for tall to short- 24.5's are cooler :cool: so there is that

Changing wheel/tire diameter will change rpm/mph- typically a taller tire will improve hi way fuel mileage but reduce start and stop mileage and a shorter tire is the converse of that. Speedometer reading will be different from one to the other faster for short slower for tall- but, the above/previous depends on the rear end ratio- if truck came with gearing for a short tire, changing to a taller tire will lower rpm at hi way speed and vice versa for tall to short- 24.5's are cooler :cool: so there is that
Looking cool on yer stool IS important :biggrin-2:

My truck has long legs. I think she turns 2000 rpm at 95 mph :D

Higher rpm = bad fuel mileage- 2000 is pretty high for a large car - LOL
Higher rpm = bad fuel mileage- 2000 is pretty high for a large car - LOL
True. A real double over tranny would be the cats pajamas.
But the days of “get it there as fast as you can and forget the logbook” are drawing to an end, I think.

I used to hate that. It’d be Thursday morning and they want you in Iowa or South Dakota by Friday morning. I remember the first time I looked at dispatch and said you do know that’s 1100 miles away, right?

“Well just do your best” he said

1100 miles? In 24 hours? :coocoo:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread