Need help

Rauland27

Hi. I'm new here. I have a problem with my inverter, it's a powerdrive 3000. I took it out of may old truck and it was working just fine, I put it on another truck and it turns on but it is showing 0.w and 0.0 output. Need help please. Thanks

Did the truck already have the cables run from the batteries or did you do that part?

The only time I've seen that problem, the cables were corroded badly at one of the connections under the cab.

Ok at the battery box,was there a reddish color to the electrodes you connected the ring terminals to?

I've had problems jump starting reefers because of this anti-corrosion stuff they spray on the terminals.

I've actually gotten voltmeter readings of like 8 volts across the terminals on trucks before. Scratch off the red stuff & it shows 14 volts (with engine running.)

It sounds like the inverter isn't getting enough power.

Enough to light up the LCD display but not enough to do anything. And that could only be caused by a bad connection.

There is no corrosion at all, everything is clean, and the truck start with no problem and all the battery's are new

I just connected my USB phone cable and it's working, the rest still the same 0 w 0.0 output and nothing else works

That anti-corrosion stuff is to prevent corrosion. But it is a non-conductor.

It's sprayed on the terminals after they're connected, do none of it gets between the electrodes. That's why the truck starts right up.

If there's a red tint on whatever you connected the inverter cables to, it's that anti-corrosion stuff and it's causing a bad connection.

I'd try to scrape the red stuff off with a wire brush and try again.

Assuming there is anti-corrosion spray on it and that's the problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread