Yup. Still here.


Doesn't need to.

If anything the one buying votes is this liberal fuckwit who's not lived in Canada for over a decade coming in and temporarily suspending a small part of the carbon tax he praised for years .
I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone that has lived through the last 9 years would want another 4 years of this. Carny is not different he is just more of the same.
 
I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone that has lived through the last 9 years would want another 4 years of this. Carny is not different he is just more of the same.
I'm gonna add another 130 billion dollars in new spending on top of the train wreck Trudeau already had planned but the budget will be balanced in 3-4 years. Sound like the whole "budget will balance itself" lie again. Everything about him is deja moo.

I got some laugh at my wife's nan earlier. Evidently our liberal candidate dropped her off a pamphlet. Mind you her grandparents are in their 90s super religious Salvation Army and sweet as pie. Her nan says you know she (the liberal) was a nice lady but she hasn't got a brain in her head.

Her pop told me they haven't voted liberal since about 1960 which begs the question who the fuck has been making NL red since longer than you or I can remember because a lot of the blame has been put on the old people.FB_IMG_1745198314336.webp
 
Last edited:
I'm gonna add another 130 billion dollars in new spending on top of the train wreck Trudeau already had planned but the budget will be balanced in 3-4 years. Sound like the whole "budget will balance itself" lie again. Everything about him is deja moo.

I got some laugh at my wife's nan earlier. Evidently our liberal candidate dropped her off a pamphlet. Mind you her grandparents are in their 90s super religious Salvation Army and sweet as pie. Her nan says you know she (the liberal) was a nice lady but she hasn't got a brain in her head.

Her pop told me they haven't voted liberal since about 1960 which begs the question who the fuck has been making NL red since longer than you or I can remember because a lot of the blame has been put on the old people.View attachment 90989
Last time around the Newfies that were fly in fly out oil workers in the patch in the Mac voted Liberal to secure their EI benefits when work dried up in the Mac. hopefully they have learned.
 
Yup Liberal is red in Canada because they are red commies and conservatives are blue.
It's like metric and SAE. So confusing.

There's a UK trucker girl who happens to be hot and on YouTube so I watch her and she talks about pounds and miles and I'm like are your miles 5280 feet or what. And her trailer scale is in killer grams. Also how big are these feet.

She also complains about the lack of truck parking so that's nice.
 
It's like metric and SAE. So confusing.

There's a UK trucker girl who happens to be hot and on YouTube so I watch her and she talks about pounds and miles and I'm like are your miles 5280 feet or what. And her trailer scale is in killer grams. Also how big are these feet.

She also complains about the lack of truck parking so that's nice.
We are weird. I am 6ft 3in. I am a mile from the grocery store. I drive 100KPH on the highway. I pay for my gas in liters. I cook food in imperial measurements.
Having spent much time in the U.S. I can deal in imperial and also metric.
I was around when they made the switch to metric, and I can do both.
The yutes here have no idea about imperial measurements and they deal in metric only.
When I pull out a tape measure, I am using feet and inches, it's easier. but in general metric is easier.
 
We are weird. I am 6ft 3in. I am a mile from the grocery store. I drive 100KPH on the highway. I pay for my gas in liters. I cook food in imperial measurements.
Having spent much time in the U.S. I can deal in imperial and also metric.
I was around when they made the switch to metric, and I can do both.
The yutes here have no idea about imperial measurements and they deal in metric only.
When I pull out a tape measure, I am using feet and inches, it's easier. but in general metric is easier.
I take forever to use a tape measure even in Bald Eagle units because I have to count every line. I would be the shittiest carpenter.

TBH I'd probably do better with metric. Our units really do suck.
 
They're based on actual stuff people have or used to have laying around so it would have made sense back then when you could visualize it.

Nowadays we need to evolve and be completely metric because it's easily split mathematically and the names make sense.
 
They're based on actual stuff people have or used to have laying around so it would have made sense back then when you could visualize it.

Nowadays we need to evolve and be completely metric because it's easily split mathematically and the names make sense.
On the CAT scales in Canada, they offer metric or imperial. I always want my weights in imperial. If I got my weights in metric, I would have to convert them to imperial and aint nobody got time for that.
aint nobody got time for that GIF
 
On the CAT scales in Canada, they offer metric or imperial. I always want my weights in imperial. If I got my weights in metric, I would have to convert them to imperial and aint nobody got time for that.
aint nobody got time for that GIF
That's pretty cool. If that option exists here I haven't noticed or figured it out or asked.

It wouldn't do me any good even if they did.
 
I grew up in the states and had to start learning metric pretty much from scratch as an adult. I didn't understand kg worth a damn until I had to run a gravel truck and that's all the pits would use. It's hit and miss for my brain on smaller scales than metric tonnes

Temperature was pretty easy to learn first memorizing my 5s 0c=32f 5c=41f 10c=50f and so on. After a while I really didn't have to think about it. Once in a while my wife will ask what such and such Farenheit is in "real temperature" as she calls it. I can roughly convert those pretty easily.

Km started making more sense once I related it to time on road trips because you can figure roughly 100km/h even though pretty much anyone cruises faster than that.

Don't even get me started on metres. All these years and that one is still a complete mind fuck. I'll die on the hill of feet inches and yards.
 
I grew up in the states and had to start learning metric pretty much from scratch as an adult. I didn't understand kg worth a damn until I had to run a gravel truck and that's all the pits would use. It's hit and miss for my brain on smaller scales than metric tonnes

Temperature was pretty easy to learn first memorizing my 5s 0c=32f 5c=41f 10c=50f and so on. After a while I really didn't have to think about it. Once in a while my wife will ask what such and such Farenheit is in "real temperature" as she calls it. I can roughly convert those pretty easily.

Km started making more sense once I related it to time on road trips because you can figure roughly 100km/h even though pretty much anyone cruises faster than that.

Don't even get me started on metres. All these years and that one is still a complete mind fuck. I'll die on the hill of feet inches and yards.
I remember centi deci and kilo from chemistry class in high school.

The fact that it's all in 10s is what makes it easy. The nomenclature is the hardest part. Meters is length, liters is volume, grams is weight. It's really just prefixes to memorize.

You said you understand km so you really do understand meters because a km is a thousand meters.

5280 feet for a mile is stupid because it's like who's clodhoppers did they measure for that stomping distance? Who in 1826 had a Shaq foot? 😂
 
Last edited:
I remember centi deci and kilo from chemistry class in high school.

The fact that it's all in 10s is what makes it easy. The nomenclature is the hardest part. Meters is length, liters is volume, grams is weight. It's really just prefixes to memorize.

You said you understand km so you really do understand meters because a km is a thousand meters.

5280 feet for a mile is stupid because it's like who's clodhoppers did they measure for that stomping distance? Who in 1826 had a Shaq foot? 😂
I measured the distance between my greenhouse and my neighbor's barn in Google Earth last year because it's clear line of sight with no obstructions, and I wanted to do an experiment with a high powered laser and mirrors.

It was 3280 feet. That's like ten inches short of a kilometer. So I just remember it as a kilometer.

When I stand next to my greenhouse and look at Jimmy's barn it's exactly a kilometer.

So that's how I'm starting to visualize it.
 
Don't always trust Google Earth.
When I had my metal roof put on, the company rep came by and told me the estimate was wrong and it was 10 squares short. I forgot the equivalent of a square. Anyway, he asked me if I would cover the shortage. Seeing as the roof was finished and only the permit was still open, I told him too bad, see your salesman, it's his mistake. He started crying that it was equal to about $2000. Tough patooties dude, he works for you, not me, dock it from his pay.

It seems instead of getting on the roof and physically measuring it, he used Google Earth. I also called him on it that if the calculations were incorrect, why was the proper amount of material to complete the roof on the ground? He didn't have a thing to say.

I think he was looking for a little pocket money myself. It may have been an insurance payout, but i still spend it like it's my hard earned money.
 
Don't always trust Google Earth.
When I had my metal roof put on, the company rep came by and told me the estimate was wrong and it was 10 squares short. I forgot the equivalent of a square. Anyway, he asked me if I would cover the shortage. Seeing as the roof was finished and only the permit was still open, I told him too bad, see your salesman, it's his mistake. He started crying that it was equal to about $2000. Tough patooties dude, he works for you, not me, dock it from his pay.

It seems instead of getting on the roof and physically measuring it, he used Google Earth. I also called him on it that if the calculations were incorrect, why was the proper amount of material to complete the roof on the ground? He didn't have a thing to say.

I think he was looking for a little pocket money myself. It may have been an insurance payout, but i still spend it like it's my hard earned money.
Yeah that's too much precision to ask of Google maps. Especially in a business deal. That guy sounds like a jackass.

But I've personally verified it's accurate to within a tenth of a mile over a distance of 20 miles though, in a straight line.

We can do this in Illinois because it's flat land and all of our farm roads run either perfectly straight north/south or east/west because of the way the land was originally surveyed. No contours in the topography to work around.

Anyway my dad put a digital speedometer/odometer on his fancy expensive "cat trike" bicycles. Tricycles..

Anyway my neighbor & I used one of those wheel measuring things with his golf cart to verify it a exactly 5280 feet from the center of one road to the center of the next one parallel in the one mile square grid. We did that so my dad could check the accuracy of the bicycle speedometer.

We also towed my dad on the bicycle up and down the road with the golf cart and my 4 wheeler, using a GPS on the tow vehicle to compare the speeds and it was accurate up to the point where the wind and exhaust noise was too loud to hear the speeds my dad was yelling, which was about 35 mph.

After making sure the bicycle speedometer/odometer was accurate with its tires at 100 psi, he kite-towed it to Grant Park and sailed it back with a homemade sail, without wandering around in Grant Park. It's exactly ten miles, straight line, and he turned around and came back. It was 20.00 on the odometer and when I measured it in Google Earth it was 19 miles + 5292 feet, twelve feet over... the approximate distance traveled during his U-turn.

But no, you don't measure for roofing materials with Google Earth unless it's big Amazon warehouse or a Walmart supercenter where the percentage of error won't matter.
 
That's pretty cool. If that option exists here I haven't noticed or figured it out or asked.

It wouldn't do me any good even if they did.
I don't know if that would be an option in the U.S. Here metric is for legal trade, but we also use imperial because dealing with the U.S. it done in Imperial and converted to metric.
Converting KG to LBS in my head I just basically double it, but the actual calculation is 2.2 one Kilo is 2.2 Lbs. Drug dealers are a lot better at these conversions :biglaugh:
 

Back
Top