You're In Business: Like it or not

JoBernard

What ever your job is, once you understand that you “individually” are a
business, the way you see yourself and everything you do is different. No longer
do you see yourself as only a worker in someone else’s grand plan, you begin to
realize you are the grand plan. In trucking you have marketable skills but if you
don’t make yourself aware of the entire market you are limited to only the
willingness of those you market yourself to, which is not most beneficial for
you. Of course the vast majority will never see them selves as anything more
than a packaged product; you take me out the box, use me til you’re done, put
me back in the box and leave me there til you need me again. Maybe that’s not
the way you think of yourself, but had it ever occurred to you that your skills are
marketable? In a market environment if you know how to market yourself you
can earn a much higher income than those that have greater skills but don’t know
how to market themselves.

GREAT POINT!!!..

My husband is a o/o...He always says "I'm not a trucker, I'm a business man and I drive a truck for a living"...

that is right many O/O fail especially in the hard times because they are acting like hired drivers and not making responsible decision on operating/maintaining their equiptment......they fail to remember MY #1 ruel...we are in business to make a profit not break even......28+ yrs ago when we all started out my bro-in-law was just interested in braking even......after 4 years he wanted out......he was just not cut out to be a business owner but is a very competent qualified hired driver.....too many get the idea that being and O/O is the fast track to big bucks ......this also includes presenting yourself to every shipper and receiver as a business owner.....and for these suggestion go to Sinisters thread ...Are you Disgusting for tips on what NOT to do.....(had to get a bit of humor in here all be it true) We just need a clean appearance combed hair and look ready for the job......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread