Your experience with DPFs (Diesel Particulate Filters)

Tim C

We're collecting information about DPFs and interested to know your experience. We're developing some programs to help and want to hear from you. Have you had DPF issues that have forced you to stop driving? Have you had a truck with too many regens? How have you managed these situations? Did you go to an OEM shop, an independent shop or to a DPF cleaning company. Did the company you are driving for direct you? Did you clean, replace with an aftermarket product, remanufactured or OEM part? Has your DPF experience been improving with more experience? Do you drive a newer or older rig? Thank you in advance.

I'm with a research company, Ariad, from Toronto. We have no interest in selling anything, only interested to know the challenges and solutions with DPFs.

Not even an introduction before the probing starts? Have you done any research on them so you understand what the answers will be?

I've been chatting on the phone with several drivers and fleet managers. The hope for this post was to reach out to more drivers and O/O to make sure we are getting a complete picture. Hope you can help.

Not even an introduction before the probing starts? Have you done any research on them so you understand what the answers will be?

He wouldnt even have to do any REAL research...

Just pull into any busy truckstop and start asking drivers and listen then take notes

After about 2 or 3 truckstops and 50 or 100 drivers ya got FEEDBACK

He wouldnt even have to do any REAL research...

Just pull into any busy truckstop and start asking drivers and listen then take notes

After about 2 or 3 truckstops and 50 or 100 drivers ya got FEEDBACK
That would imply doing actual field work instead of posting on the internet in the guise of work.

We're collecting information about DPFs and interested to know your experience. We're developing some programs to help and want to hear from you. Have you had DPF issues that have forced you to stop driving? Have you had a truck with too many regens? How have you managed these situations? Did you go to an OEM shop, an independent shop or to a DPF cleaning company. Did the company you are driving for direct you? Did you clean, replace with an aftermarket product, remanufactured or OEM part? Has your DPF experience been improving with more experience? Do you drive a newer or older rig? Thank you in advance.
Look, you seem like a nice guy and you are from Toronto, (center of the universe):thumbsup: So i am going to help you out.
Yes I have had DPF issues where I had to do many regens and then eventually the truck derated and stopped.
I told the shop that the DPF needed to be cleaned but they put it off.
How did the company handle it?:( They put the blame on me for not properly doing a pre-trip:rolleyes-80::foreheadslap:
They truck got fixed at the dealership. I am not sure if it was OEM parts or after THE market.

You owe me a Double Double from Tim Hortons :thumbsup::p

Last edited:
I remember when the industry was sold on DPF filters. All the claims that they were no maintenance and lasted the life of the truck.

Curious about Mike's comment about the claim the DPFs we're going to last the life of the truck. Have you had to replace? Was the DPF not able to be cleaned? What was the reason? Injector issues or burning motor oil, cracked? Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread