you know your truck is starting to wear out when......

OK i'll start,my truck is a 94,how old is yours?????????????????????

I'll sell you my '96 FLD

As i'm hooking up I noticed the mudflap bar is half broke off.I'll have to get to the shop asap.I know Jason won't pay to have someone weld it back together.

Break it all the way through, then get yourself a new one

Ya but I still have to wait till I get to the shop and have craig put it back on.Jason won't fork out bucks for anything brand new.No since giving the DOT ammunition to give me a level 1.
Break it all the way through, then get yourself a new one

Tell him it is a D.O.T. out of service violation and there is a checkpoint set up right past the next chrome shop, so he had better fork over the money, then go pick out something fancy

When you go to pull off, and, it takes 1.5 seconds for the slop in the fifthwheel to catch up to the kingpin... BAM!!

LOL,Not a bad idea.I could brake it completely off then the next open station pull around back even if I get the green lite and ask him to do an inspection then of course be the helpful driver that I am by helping the DOT what do you think???????????????????Drivers for my company is always doing that,LOL.
Tell him it is a D.O.T. out of service violation and there is a checkpoint set up right past the next chrome shop, so he had better fork over the money, then go pick out something fancy

LOL,Not a bad idea.I could brake it completely off then the next open station pull around back even if I get the green lite and ask him to do an inspection then of course be the helpful driver that I am by helping the DOT what do you think???????????????????Drivers for my company is always doing that,LOL.

Not a good idea with the CSA2010 coming online. You'll get a share of those "fix-it ticket" points.

Not a good idea with the CSA2010 coming online. You'll get a share of those "fix-it ticket" points.
Not fair at all to the driver.Does'nt FMCSA realize it is'nt as simple as 1 2 3 to get anything fixed on the road.

I heard of a driver doing it once because his company refused to fix his a/c, I did not know A/C was mandatory(neither did my Aunt) but apparently it is.

I did'nt know it was mandatory either.If FMCSA really wants to nit pick then I suggest go after each and every company as well as states about their no idleing laws.I mean who can sleep when it's 100 plus degrees out and can't idle just for the AC.That's a safety issue.Many companies don't have APUS.They want to make this ALL ABOUT SAFETY well then they better change alot more things then they have.Companies are FAR FAR WORSE then the drivers but seems they're getiing away with ALOT MORE then the drivers are.
I heard of a driver doing it once because his company refused to fix his a/c, I did not know A/C was mandatory(neither did my Aunt) but apparently it is.

I did'nt know it was mandatory either.If FMCSA really wants to nit pick then I suggest go after each and every company as well as states about their no idleing laws.I mean who can sleep when it's 100 plus degrees out and can't idle just for the AC.That's a safety issue.Many companies don't have APUS.They want to make this ALL ABOUT SAFETY well then they better change alot more things then they have.Companies are FAR FAR WORSE then the drivers but seems they're getiing away with ALOT MORE then the drivers are.

I think if you look closely at the laws in the no idle areas there are provisions allowing idling when the temperature is above or below a certain point, and some also allow idling if you have a pet in the truck.

That's right. The driver will get "negative" points for mechanical items along with the company. I think they are trying to give drivers some ability to dig their heels in and get crappy companies to provide trucks and trailers that are safe and legal to operate without fear of retribution.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread