Will sleep apnea testing become the new normal? New ways to ruin a livelihood.......

awesome, I was meant to be on film.

[MENTION=8936]Tim[/MENTION], the overweight, musclebound weightlifter isn't going to have a problem getting off the couch to go fetch his or her own bonbons.

OK let me ask a dumb question, Just because I don't know. If you snore in your sleep does it mean you have sleep apnea? I snore, I'm tired when I wake up, I'd like more sleep. It is impossible for me to sleep during the day after I have awoken and come around. I get tired and stop for a break to use the restroom and when I hop back in the truck I feel fine. At the end of my day.I need to wind down before I fall asleep. I just gave you some back ground info to help answer my question about, If you snore do you have sleep apnea?

I'm 6'3 209 lbs at last check. I could lose a few lbs but i don't think I'm Over weight.

I would be happy to have the test done and use the machine, If required. I just don't think it should be mandated.

@Tim, the overweight, musclebound weightlifter isn't going to have a problem getting off the couch to go fetch his or her own bonbons.

True but his BMI would put him in the class of the lardass's thus marking him also do a sleep apnea test.
Get it?

OK let me ask a dumb question, Just because I don't know. If you snore in your sleep does it mean you have sleep apnea? I snore, I'm tired when I wake up, I'd like more sleep. It is impossible for me to sleep during the day after I have awoken and come around. I get tired and stop for a break to use the restroom and when I hop back in the truck I feel fine. At the end of my day.I need to wind down before I fall asleep. I just gave you some back ground info to help answer my question about, If you snore do you have sleep apnea?

I'm 6'3 209 lbs at last check. I could lose a few lbs but i don't think I'm Over weight.

I would be happy to have the test done and use the machine, If required. I just don't think it should be mandated.

Not an expert by any means, but...

Snoring is a sign of sleep apnea, not evidence.
Being tired when you wake up is also a sign, not evidence (This is what is making me consider being tested)
Being overweight can bring on sleep apena, but skinny people can have the problem as well. (I need to lose 30-40 pounds)

Wouldn't hurt for you to get tested. Those that I know who have been found to have it, feel much better after being treated for it.

Not an expert by any means, but...

Snoring is a sign of sleep apnea, not evidence.
Being tired when you wake up is also a sign, not evidence (This is what is making me consider being tested)
Being overweight can bring on sleep apena, but skinny people can have the problem as well. (I need to lose 30-40 pounds)

Wouldn't hurt for you to get tested. Those that I know who have been found to have it, feel much better after being treated for it.
Thanks Mike. I'm considering it. I also know people who have been tested and are using the machine and they are not even drivers, They work in an office. They said it changed their life completely.

True but his BMI would put him in the class of the lardass's thus marking him also do a sleep apnea test.
Get it?

He would not automatically be sent for sleep study because he would not meet the rest of the criteria.

Snoring does not automatically mean OSA. But it would not hurt to talk to the sawbones about it.

I typed "no one stops the chop" into Google Images trying to figure out what in the hell you're talking about, and I see this...

View attachment 17290

wow...now that is funny....i have seen this guy before, but "nobody stops the chop", was a reference to "Pork Chop" the good ole southern boy on the Ice Road Truckers..

his favorite saying is, "nobody stops the chop".....

when racer asked if you were related to Lisa, and you said no, i was saying it could have been worse, if you were related to "the chop"...
View attachment 17290

I just now had a chance to listen to the fat guy with the video game. Probably the most exercise he's gotten in three months.

All that because somebody called him "fat." Why are we not allowed to tell the truth anymore?

A friend of mine showed me something the other day:

"Why is it okay for you to be an idiot, but not okay for me to point it out?"

We had a tread on this subject a couple months. I think I had pointed out that that OOIDA was suing FMCSA because there is no evidence that people who suffer from apnea are involved in more accidents. Also: one of the main congressional supporters owns the company that makes the testing equipment: just follow the money. That's what this is all about.

when racer asked if you were related to Lisa, and you said no, i was saying it could have been worse, if you were related to "the chop"...

No, I said he made a better ferret than a duck, because he is great at ferreting out stuff.

I never said he was related to Ferret Face.

OK let me ask a dumb question, Just because I don't know. If you snore in your sleep does it mean you have sleep apnea? I snore, I'm tired when I wake up, I'd like more sleep.

I have observed babies snoring.

Does that mean they need a sleep study and a CPAP machine?

That was my exact response the last time I had a CDL physical and the physician asked me if I snore.

She moved on with the exam and never mentioned it again.

We had none of this nanny state crap 30 years ago and there were far fewer accidents and problems than we see now....If there was a truck accident, It was a big deal and everyone came out to see it....Now, It's just another thing that happens every day.

Why do you suppose that is?

I would have to say it is because there are 10 times as many trucks on the road now and 90% of them are piloted by rookies that have no clue.

Small fleet, mega fleet, or owner operator, obesity is rampant throughout this industry and it is steadily getting worse. Used to be you would get fat from this job, now kids are growing up fat, and just getting fatter once they get into a sit down job of any kind.

Obesity is a national epidemic. Not just a problem in trucking.

Robots will probably crash the trucks too. Thunderstorm, solar flares, .. something disrupts the electronic gizmos that control the damn thing and there goes a bus load of kids on their way to school.

Ever see the movie Maximum Overdrive?

[video=youtube;lqz2rejJS6M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqz2rejJS6M[/video]

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread