Why are the tits longer on a dry van in the receptacle?

Shit boxes usually have the connections to one side. Decks generally have them in the middle. MYSTERY SOLVED!!!!

I told dispatch my truck is setup for FLATBED and OPEN DECK

Whatever

They the ones paying for service calls not me

3 times now they sent someone out maybe they’ll clue in and stop tryna give me a box to drag around

Whatever “sliding tandems” means didn’t get done I can tell you that much

he keeps pulling a box around,he may learn how to back
I can’t even figure out how to open the ******* doors. I was whaling on them with my winch bar earlier, I ended up using my winch bar to lever the clocksucking door open

Swinging doors is hard work compared to open deck

I can’t even figure out how to open the ******* doors. I was whaling on them with my winch bar earlier, I ended up using my winch bar to lever the clocksucking door open

Swinging doors is hard work compared to open deck
Ah, you should try swinging doors in the wind buddy, Super easy! the wind does all the work unlike tarps.
My buddy asked me why I let the wind take the doors and slam them against the trailer?
Well, because I don't give shit about these doors. I do care about my arms and back. 👍 ;)

Ah, you should try swinging doors in the wind buddy, Super easy! the wind does all the work unlike tarps.
My buddy asked me why I let the wind take the doors and slam them against the trailer?
Well, because I don't give **** about these doors. I do care about my arms and back. 👍 ;)
I was picking up a load of cheese in big stone city, SD once. Middle of winter and the whole parking lot was a skating rink. I couldn't get the right door open. The wind was so strong I couldn't get the traction with my feet on the ice in order to push against the wind. I had to get back in the truck and drive around to the side of the building out of the wind just to pin the doors open. Empty trailer too, I don't know why the whole damn truck wasn't sliding sideways in it.

I was picking up a load of cheese in big stone city, SD once. Middle of winter and the whole parking lot was a skating rink. I couldn't get the right door open. The wind was so strong I couldn't get the traction with my feet on the ice in order to push against the wind. I had to get back in the truck and drive around to the side of the building out of the wind just to pin the doors open. Empty trailer too, I don't know why the whole damn truck wasn't sliding sideways in it.
The webbing between your toes didn't help?

They use that stuff in quite a few more states than just Washington. If you're finding that green corrosion on pigtail wiring that you've opened up and repaired, I'd suggest that just by opening up the wiring on the pigtail, you've created a path for the deicer to enter the wiring and cause the corrosion. That's an argument right there for replacing the entire cable assembly instead of repairing it, to prevent intrusion of deicer fluid.

Something to think about...
As much abuse as a trailer pigtail gets, going with a replacement cable assembly just makes sense. For general wiring on any other part of the truck, I'm all for repair with appropriate precautions to keep road deicer/brine out of the repairs.
Who said anything about crap getting into the back of the plug? I know I didn't. Muck gets into the receptacle on the trailer, the plugs get loose and make the trailer lights flicker.. I have never had a plug fail because of the wiring to the back. It's always been because the plug connection to the trailer failed. If you have replaced a plug end and it failed because of crud getting into the back of the plug, either you got the wrong plug end or you did it wrong. Throwing out a perfectly good light cord just because the pigtail end is corroded or loose is a waste of money and resources.
___

@Ontario Outlaw
As for keeping the air lines from slipping off, first thing I would do is check your gladhands and see if they're loose. If they are, tap them tight with a hammer. And you can hook a bungee to the fitting just below the gladhand and then hook the other end to something on the trailer to hold it down. Those down-angled brake line connections are the problem. I prefer the ones that stick out straight from the trailer.

Who said anything about crap getting into the back of the plug? I know I didn't. Muck gets into the receptacle on the trailer, the plugs get loose and make the trailer lights flicker.. I have never had a plug fail because of the wiring to the back. It's always been because the plug connection to the trailer failed. If you have replaced a plug end and it failed because of crud getting into the back of the plug, either you got the wrong plug end or you did it wrong. Throwing out a perfectly good light cord just because the pigtail end is corroded or loose is a waste of money and resources.
___

@Ontario Outlaw
As for keeping the air lines from slipping off, first thing I would do is check your gladhands and see if they're loose. If they are, tap them tight with a hammer. And you can hook a bungee to the fitting just below the gladhand and then hook the other end to something on the trailer to hold it down. Those down-angled brake line connections are the problem. I prefer the ones that stick out straight from the trailer.
For $20 and change, plus some dialectric grease, we should be good for another couple years. Kind of a no brainer, cost wise, to just replace the light cord ends

I replaced the trailer gladhand rubber, that seemed to help. I’ve gone through a lot of rubbers in the last month, the air line antifreeze seems to eat them? I don’t know

I will try to remember the tarp strap trick for next time. Dry van is a lot more work than I remember

Who said anything about crap getting into the back of the plug? I know I didn't.
I didn't either... must have been @dchawk81 I recall posting about the trailer pigtail cable itself.

Ya know? The curly thingy ya hook between the tractor and the trailer.

Some one bless you, Traction. Tectran, Fairview and Trucklite books.

Hiding in the back is a Spaenour bible and a Snap On woody inducing book.

Shop pron :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom