Where would you like....

They're unloading me!

I went inside and asked them if Wilford Brimley was still the postmaster general. The guy immediately knew what I was talking about.

I left the trailer tails extended for 8 hours in the snow storm.

Took me ten minutes of slamming them against the side of the trailer to knock enough snow off them so that I could pin the doors open. o_O

I wonder how much weight those things can hold. Like in an ice storm o_O
Probably a lot because they'll just bend & sag rather than snap off.

Van Wyk quit putting them on trailers though. The boss said he got sick of seeing drivers going down the road with them folded up.

Hopefully they won't find out about the ones that (supposedly) automatically extend at 35 mph.

Route 666 (Or whatever they renumbered is as) all the way from Shiprock through the canyons. I spent my youth wandering that territory and miss it at times.

Don't get me wrong I love my home and history here, I just remember the colors, the energy, and the quiet of them.

And I checked that guy isn't a Sheriff anymore so I am good:D

He's probably govener now...
so you can kiss that pardon goodbye...
smart guy!!
:toothpick:

to be your final run before you walk away from all this?

The place/run you hate to make?

Or the place/run you actually enjoy?
My last run would be out to Western Canada. Calgary, Lethbridge type deal. I( I have only done that run once)
I would do it once again in the dead of winter.
The challenges and the highs and lows of the trip where amazing. Only on a few other trips have I ever been so alone and in tune with who I am. Not a whole lot of cell towers en-route.

Kind of reminded me of the pay phone days, When you would get a calling card to call long distance on a phone that sounded like shit and only had limited talk time. It was expensive and you did not call home very often.

My last run would be out to Western Canada. Calgary, Lethbridge type deal. I( I have only done that run once)
I would do it once again in the dead of winter.
The challenges and the highs and lows of the trip where amazing. Only on a few other trips have I ever been so alone and in tune with who I am. Not a whole lot of cell towers en-route.

Kind of reminded me of the pay phone days, When you would get a calling card to call long distance on a phone that sounded like **** and only had limited talk time. It was expensive and you did not call home very often.

Did they have the phone-on-a-stick out there?
:D

Seems like the farther North you went the worse it got.
Up near the Northern border they just had a damn phone sticking up from the tundra.
Hold for 15 minutes before they'd tell you to call back in a half hour.
:eek:

Senheplh!! ahmsrtucktodafonn!!

Did they have the phone-on-a-stick out there?

Seems like the farther North you went the worse it got.
Up near the Northern border they just had a damn phone sticking up from the tundra.
Hold for 15 minutes before they'd tell you to call back in a half hour.

Senheplh!! ahmsrtucktodafonn!!
LOL. I had a cell, Just no bars for many parts. It was wicked wild. They told me it would take two days just to get out of Ontario. I was like yeah right:rolleyes:. that aint no B.S. It does take two days and you are up and down hills and in and out of snow squalls.
I saw a sign saying Flying J in whatever town. I was like cool. They failed to mention it was two hours away:bonk:
Just getting fuel was a freaking ordeal. I mostly just wear a T shirt and a Carhart. Up north that dont make it. Two friggen layers on just to get fuel.
I am not soft, I have worked on the ramp at the airport in-40.

I did learn one thin for sure. You want to point your grill away from the wind, If you want heat at night and you dont dare turn your truck off EVER!

Other people make that run all the time, :bowdown:

LOL. I had a cell, Just no bars for many parts. It was wicked wild. They told me it would take two days just to get out of Ontario. I was like yeah right:rolleyes:. that aint no B.S. It does take two days and you are up and down hills and in and out of snow squalls.
I saw a sign saying Flying J in whatever town. I was like cool. They failed to mention it was two hours away:bonk:
Just getting fuel was a freaking ordeal. I mostly just wear a T shirt and a Carhart. Up north that dont make it. Two friggen layers on just to get fuel.
I am not soft, I have worked on the ramp at the airport in-40.

I did learn one thin for sure. You want to point your grill away from the wind, If you want heat at night and you dont dare turn your truck off EVER!

Other people make that run all the time, :bowdown:

#1 diesel was pretty much being phased out when I started trucking but I ran a produce up to Minot, ND where you could get #1 lots of places along the way.
I'd roll in thinking, "Yeah, about 30 gallons of #1 and 100 gallons of #2 should be plenty good."
Then get out to fuel and wonder whether 50/50 would get you by.

I thought about going up to the Bakken a couple of times...
briefly.

I prolly wouldn't last 30 days in the winter time.
;)

Probably set myself on fire to get warm.
:stare1:

#1 diesel was pretty much being phased out when I started trucking but I ran a produce up to Minot, ND where you could get #1 lots of places along the way.
I'd roll in thinking, "Yeah, about 30 gallons of #1 and 100 gallons of #2 should be plenty good."
Then get out to fuel and wonder whether 50/50 would get you by.

I thought about going up to the Bakken a couple of times...
briefly.

I prolly wouldn't last 30 days in the winter time.
;)

Probably set myself on fire to get warm.
:stare1:
#1 Diesel and #2 is that along the lines of JP1? They used to call diesel JP1 at the airport. They use a lot of military terms and a lot of abbreviations. APU, Airport codes. and the 24 hour clock, Most pilots air ex U.S airforce.
I am so sick of that shit that I hate hearing KFC or BK and even the ****en TA. LOL

#1 Diesel and #2 is that along the lines of JP1? They used to call diesel JP1 at the airport. They use a lot of military terms and a lot of abbreviations. APU, Airport codes. and the 24 hour clock, Most pilots air ex U.S airforce.
I am so sick of that **** that I hate hearing KFC or BK and even the ****en TA. LOL

Yeah, same sort of thing.
D1, D2, etc.
It's refined for viscosity & volatility.
D1 is lighter & hotter than D2.
I think it goes all the way to D6 (or maybe beyond).
D6 is known as bunker fuel. I never handled it but I've heard you can see floaters in it with the naked eye.

We used to pump mostly JP4 into F14's & A6's.
When you got behind one into the slip you could feel the oil accumulating on your skin...
but you already know that...
which is why you're here instead of there.

D1, D2, etc.
D6 is known as bunker fuel. I never handled it but I've heard you can see floaters in it with the naked eye.

When you got behind one into the slip you could feel the oil accumulating on your skin...
Alls I know is Skydrol will burn your skin and Ethylene Glycol tastes lip smacking sweet and the smell Jet A in the morning, Well the smell of Jet A at any time just sucks! lol:D

Alls I know is Skydrol will burn your skin and Ethylene Glycol tastes lip smacking sweet and the smell Jet A in the morning, Well the smell of Jet A at any time just sucks! lol:D

Smells like...
(cough, cough)
VICTORY!!

And a little like Victoria...
I think she's been hanging out on the flight line again.

D1, D2, etc.

A6's?

Somebody's age is showing.:toothpick:

WTF is Skydrol?

Is that anything like Moose Drool? Some kind of IPA beer they serve on planes?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread