Where do you like to truck?

You don't get it do you? you had a wheel separation!Where I live that would have cost you 70 thousand dollars,just for the fine you could have killed somebody or a family.Just becouse you failed to do your job correctly and do a pretrip inspection of your rig and then just shrug it off as OH WELL.You are exactly what is wrong in this industry but when csa comes in you won`t be trucking you`ll be retreading tires somewhere.I don`t want you on the road with me,anywhere around me or my family.Your screen name says it all!

Sorry Mr. I do my pre trips all the time. I had the 10k mile PM done only a week or two before. Like I say. I'm glad the wheel didn't take out a car or truck.

I also carry extra bearing oil for the trailer hubs! You make your opinion without knowing me, or how I operate.

It's know it all's like you, that others try to ignore with their holyier than tho attitudes and pronouncements.

Was it bearing failure, or lug nuts coming loose? That is the question on all our minds?

He mentioned in his -20 thread that the bearing went dry and seized (maybe not in so many words) and that caused the failure. He also mentioned he was going to take a closer look during PTI's from now on.

I wonder if his company penalizes drivers for this type of failure. All companies should, unless the driver has written it up and requested the leaking seal be fixed.

Then they should fire the shop manager for not maintaining a safe fleet.

Today reminded me of this antique thread, so I'd like to say that my opinion has not changed, and I added an option.

The deserts are always pretty so I'll have to agree with you there. I can't bring myself to move from the high plains deserts that have always been my home.

As for driving, local isn't so bad, it offers it's own set of challenges.

ai153.photobucket.com_albums_s219_sachakoren_2007_2011_04_03131711.jpg

ai153.photobucket.com_albums_s219_sachakoren_2007_2011_04_03110314.jpg

ai153.photobucket.com_albums_s219_sachakoren_2007_SprintPhoto_b1cjvg2.jpg

ai153.photobucket.com_albums_s219_sachakoren_2007_2011_02_17143005.jpg
ai153.photobucket.com_albums_s219_sachakoren_2007_2011_04_03131711.jpgai153.photobucket.com_albums_s219_sachakoren_2007_2011_04_03110314.jpgai153.photobucket.com_albums_s219_sachakoren_2007_SprintPhoto_b1cjvg2.jpgai153.photobucket.com_albums_s219_sachakoren_2007_2011_02_17143005.jpg

Well, like most polls of this nature, I couldn't vote as the option was not included...... Upper Midwest. Now Plains covers a portion of that, but I would hardly include Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan, Missouri, etc as in the "Plains". I prefer running Nebraska to Ohio and staying I-70 or north.

As a night driver, I don't get much "scenery" so it really makes no difference.

My shift is almost over by the time I can see anything.

Same roads, same routes, same customers does get old but at the same time you can build rapport with the folks you're dealing with directly.

I voted anywhere south of the Canadian border. Unfortunately, the company I drive for has loads across Canada and I get the odd one. It's a great country to see in a car but not so great in a truck. ⛄

I like driving just about everywhere I take loads to, including Canada. Yes, the North central areas are somewhat boring and some of those states seem to have way too many bored cops looking for trouble.

I have found that the more times I go on a given route the shorter it seems. No, it hasn't physically gotten shorter but each time the trip just feels like it goes by quicker and that can take the sting out of the runs that aren't so enjoyable.

The states with faster speed limits are great, but I like that because I like to haul ass. But I have learned to use the cruise and keep my law bending to 3 mph or so over the limit and so far that has proven out as OK. But I always go the posted speed or a little less in construction zones and when passing through the cities and towns.

Almost every state has scenery of some kind that is easy on the eyes, and you can find sociable and anti-social people most places too. But some states have pretty crappy roads, Massachusetts, Oklahoma, Texas, Illinois, Pennsylvania and Minnesota come to mind.

There is only 5 of the lower 48 states I haven't been to yet, Michigan, Rhode Island, Vermont, Florida and Louisiana. I suppose that my perspective might change if and when I visit them, time will tell.

I just love to drive.

So you need to add a choice to the poll for "I am a glutton for punishment and like it everywhere".
You definitely haven't been to Michigan! Those roads are horrible. Indianna and Ohio are just as bad too.

I voted anywhere south of the Canadian border. Unfortunately, the company I drive for has loads across Canada and I get the odd one. It's a great country to see in a car but not so great in a truck. ⛄

Get off the big road, and check out the 2-lanes. It's a different experience. Of course, if you're a company driver, there are restrictions that I don't have.

You definitely haven't been to Michigan! Those roads are horrible. Indianna and Ohio are just as bad too.

This is a zombie thread... @Racer X 69 hasn't been around in 6 years.

:frown:

Reactions: AK7

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread