Where is Mike? Where is he going? Don't ask him, he's probably lost.

Interesting. And they still loaded you despite not having a gate.

It's DHL, a huge Exel warehouse. I'm sure the guy driving the forklift had no clue about any requirements. He just sees empty trailer, and puts into it what he is told to, LOL.

Shippers don't care what the receiver requires. It could get cross docked for all they know.

And that is the cool thing about the broker being DHL. If it does need to be put on another truck, they have a facility there than can handle it.

It's DHL, a huge Exel warehouse. I'm sure the guy driving the forklift had no clue about any requirements. He just sees empty trailer, and puts into it what he is told to, LOL.
Last load was a couple of those places... one on each end. Just a different kind of stupid from a couple of years ago.

Update, because I know everyone was concerned about my liftgate predicament. They had a dock, one dock. Broker said liftgate thing was a mistake. It was not a mistake, LOL.

They let me know they had a dock down the hill, and if I could get the trailer into it, they could unload me there with their forklift. No way I would be able blindside it in from the direction I was facing. Absolutely not possible, not even for @Keendriver. So, I scouted the area, and seen it looked like I had just enough room to circle around and come back up to the dock facing the proper way. that was three very tight left turns, would not have made it if the wheelbase was any longer.

Got set up, jacked the trailer into the dock, nothing could go anywhere in the area I was at until I was done, LOL. That was a good thing because they wasted no time getting the engine offloaded. Once offloaded, made the same three left turns, again barely, and left via the back gate.

Ok, I am officially lost. Or something.

In a brief moment of excessive insanity, I ended up in Texas. How I got here I have not a clue.....

if that wasn't bad enough, I somehow managed to get myself booked to Georgia. GEORGIA! Not sure where it is, but I am pretty sure Russia invaded it a few years ago.

The south has kidnapped me, it's hot down here, and I want out! (But not without a decent rate)

In a brief moment of excessive insanity, I ended up in Texas. How I got here I have not a clue.....

if that wasn't bad enough, I somehow managed to get myself booked to Georgia. GEORGIA! Not sure where it is, but I am pretty sure Russia invaded it a few years ago.

The south has kidnapped me, it's hot down here, and I want out! (But not without a decent rate)
stay away from anyone playing dueling banjos.....

it seemed that every year I would end up running south and west in the summer and north and east in the winter

Update, because I know everyone was concerned about my liftgate predicament. They had a dock, one dock. Broker said liftgate thing was a mistake. It was not a mistake, LOL.

They let me know they had a dock down the hill, and if I could get the trailer into it, they could unload me there with their forklift. No way I would be able blindside it in from the direction I was facing. Absolutely not possible, not even for @Keendriver. So, I scouted the area, and seen it looked like I had just enough room to circle around and come back up to the dock facing the proper way. that was three very tight left turns, would not have made it if the wheelbase was any longer.

Got set up, jacked the trailer into the dock, nothing could go anywhere in the area I was at until I was done, LOL. That was a good thing because they wasted no time getting the engine offloaded. Once offloaded, made the same three left turns, again barely, and left via the back gate.
Interesting. And they still unloaded you despite not having a gate.

Nothing has changed in Georgia, Atlanta area still sucks for trucking. Monitored the load board through yesterday evening, nothing worth touching. Nothing.

Woke up this morning, loads were arriving on the load board, and for the areas I was searching, they all still sucked.

Go get unloaded, watch the board, keep my truck posting updated, and nothing. I mean, there are loads, but nobody is budging on the rates on a Thursday. Normally, I would just sit tight and wait, even until Friday, but can't do that this week. We are traveling to South Arkansas to visit friends, drink beer, drink scotch, BBQ, drink beer, drink scotch, and visit friends.

In the end, I don't find a load to take home. I mean, I found some, but refused to haul them. Jackwads were trying to move loads for around $1.25/mile.

So, I start eyeing Texas a little more, fight through $1.40 loads, told off a couple TQL brokers who had their loads posted 150 miles from where they were actually picking up and delivering.

Get frustrated, and go back to the trailer to fix something that had been bugging me, before it became an actual issue.

Finally, a load pops up and I call on it before anybody else has a chance to steal it. Load of recap rubber going from Bandag in Griffin, GA to Bandag in Abilene, TX. This one negotiated out to just under $2.00/mile. Being greedy, I almost lost this one as well, finally agreed to their offer before they had a chance to hang up on me.

This load, I can just take through where we will be going this weekend, and leave out from there on Monday to go deliver Tuesday morning.

Only problem, this still leaves me roaming around in another low freight rate area, so Tuesday should be yet another fun adventure through the load board. Not going to push it much further though, if I can't find anything decent heading back up to betting pickings, I will just take a beating and get back into the midwest where I belong.

After the stupid rates thrown at me the last few days, I pity the TQL fool who shows up on the end of my phone desperate to move a load. I'm taking every penny he has in the rate, his shirt, shoes, and his car.

Slummin’

Made it to Gilman, IL this evening. Parked at Burger King, then proceeded to cook the steaks I brought with me this week.

After a steak and some steamed broccoli, I lowered my standards and walked over to the peelot for a $12 shower, complete with someone else’s hair left on the floor.

Percival, IA. Never thought I would make it this far today, now looking at a potentially boring day tomorrow.

Left the house this morning to make my grocery warehouse delivery of beans. Short 15 mile drive to the warehouse, 1000am appt. Never delivered to this place, figured on three hours. Back in the dock, they are handing me my paperwork at 1040am. Why can other grocery places be like this?

So, way early on my schedule, I bounce up to Neosho, MO. Got a feed load to pick up there that delivers tomorrow at Purina in Fremont, NE. Absolutely no traffic, I am at the shipper, signed in, and backed into the dock in no time. 30 minutes later, green light, paperwork, and gone from this place by noon. I didn’t expect to be here until around 1500, and hoped to be out by 1700.

Given my trip plan for this load, I booked a seed load of Omaha that has two drops, finaling in Sioux Falls. I figured I would be driving most of the morning tomorrow to make it to Fremont, then have enough time to make it back to Omaha to reload and then find a place to park close to stop 1.

Now it looks like I may be at stop one, a day early, possibly before noon.

Gonna be doing some playing dumb tomorrow, possibly followed up by begging and bribing, hoping to get both of these drops off a day early.

Pickup this morning went a tiny bit longer than planned, but not bad. Still getting the first drop off a day early, then taking my one remaining pallet from Sioux City to Sioux Falls.

Had it all set to load and run in reverse, but Iowa requires intrastate authority, so I had to turn down a 3rd load from Roehl going from Iowa to Iowa (across the state, but still the same state). At least I have another contact for seed and feed loads in my region.

To picks tomorrow after I kick off the last pallet of feed, then it's off to Brazil, IN for one drop, and Clarksville, TN for the 2nd drop. Signs of some sort. Both supposed to drop on Friday, thinking about pushing it a little and trying to get the first drop off on Thursday. Customer isn't happy about my rate, so we will see if that hurts me on the early drop attempt. I thought the rate was more than fair.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread