Where is Mike? Where is he going? Don't ask him, he's probably lost.

Getting $2.26 out of Denver which is 24% above what the SLC lane has been averaging.

:thumbsup:

Nice!

I moved my truck to Tulsa becaue the rates out of this area of Oklahoma are always hire (and more plentiful) than the rest of the State. The OKC side is cheap and flooded with Texas trucks trying to get back to Texas all the time.

Did you give them the middle finger? Cus I would have given them the middle finger!
If you're smart about it, you just tell them no, thank-you. Leave the finger waving unsaid. Because next week you may be back trying to do a deal on something that pays quite well with the same person, who now has a reason to stick it to you.

If you're smart about it, you just tell them no, thank-you. Leave the finger waving unsaid. Because next week you may be back trying to do a deal on something that pays quite well with the same person, who now has a reason to stick it to you.
Leave it to IP to give the sage common sense.

Leave it to IP to give the sage common sense.

He's right. I take none of this personally. Sometimes, it's a broker trying to make a paycheck off of one load. Sometimes, it's their customer that is only offering to pay a low amount to get a load moved (this happens with loads that have open pickup and delivery dates).

If I act like a jerk, I won't hear from that broker again. Not a good thing if the next load he needs covered pays extremely well.

He's right. I take none of this personally. Sometimes, it's a broker trying to make a paycheck off of one load. Sometimes, it's their customer that is only offering to pay a low amount to get a load moved (this happens with loads that have open pickup and delivery dates).

If I act like a jerk, I won't hear from that broker again. Not a good thing if the next load he needs covered pays extremely well.
Yeah that's why I called it "sage" common sense. You know... comedic irony.

I usually don’t say anything when I stick my finger up. 😝

I was making a joke trying to sound like Archer. I get it man keep ties when you can however, there are some places that I would never go back to and my FM knows it.

Wonderful day today.

Mike @ XPO emails me with a load picking up nearby going to Family Dollar in Marianna, FL. That is almost always a "no", but it comes with an above market rate offer, light load, and has an excellent delivery time.

so, I say yes.

Then I wait.....

Go sweep out trailer because I know the shipper, and then wait....

Email "Mike @ XPO" to find out where the rate con is.

"hang tight, getting rate approved" he says. (he offered me the rate in the beginning).

Finally comes back and asks me if I can do it for $300 less than what he originally offered it to me for.......

Rate offered was still over market, but not enough over for me to go into that weak market area.

Waiting on a rate con now to take some heavy ass sheets of steel to Wizkahnzin.

A bit aggravating because this load picks up about 10 miles from my house. Yesterday, I made the "smart" decision to stay in Tulsa rather than deadheading home. Could have been at home last night, haven't been there since yesterday. Dammit!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread