What's Your "Dream" Car?

Ok so can we "dumb it down" for us young whipper-snappers who have never seen "Soylent Green" and have no idea what this "furniture" is you speak of? LOL

Watch this:

[video=youtube;8dInR8B2GcQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dInR8B2GcQ[/video]

so.... it's a bunch of people sittiing around in a room in the 70's... ok...

hey i got one just like that out in the garage ....made by revell 1/8 scale.does that count?
anybody see the mercedes sl black version on top gear.so fast they are uncontrolable.there is also a company that takes mercedes AMG cars and tweeks them called braubus .awesome.
i like the mercs. cause i used to be a mercedes tech in the 80's back when they only did 155 mph.
5 speeding tickets and it didn't show up on my DAC.i guess if it happened B.C. [before computers] it doesn't count:swerve:

so.... it's a bunch of people sittiing around in a room in the 70's... ok...

Yeah... I didn't get it, either.

Did you notice that they were all attractive women? They are the furniture.

ok...i'll "splain it" as best i can

Soylent Green was a futuristic movie about the world in the future where everything was either in short supply, or not available any more. you had to be rich to have a place to live, otherwise, you'd be living , well in the streets, much like some people do now...

the weather was always hot, probably due to all the ozone being destroyed or something...

as you had your own apartment, as i think primarily it is in this movie, since you were rich to live there, you could have what was called "furniture", which would be young ladies, as many as you could afford as per your rental fee's....

you would rent an apartment, and get a gal (furniture" that came with it, or have them provide a different one. but primarily again, you got what "came with" the apartment......

so in essence, you had a "gal" at your disposal.

now another thing was the price of food....i think in that movie, a jar of jam was $150.00......

a bar of soap was pricey as well...everything cost so much money.

now the movie called 'Soylent Green" referred to the food supply...

when a person died, they would gather up the body, in garbage trucks no less, then take it to a factory...dead body goes in the building, comes on a conveyor belt at the end in small wafers......edible green wafers...."soylent green".......they would then sell this to the people as a food source...

the main actor, Charlton Heston, was investigating a murder of a guy involved in this processing of dead bodies that was kept quiet by high level politicians...

pretty good sci-fi flick...watch it......

there is also "the Omega Man" and other sci-fi flicks Mr. Heston had done....

I might add that when people were nearing the end of their lives, they were directed to report to a central processing facility, and get into a gown, and go lay down in a large room where they would be surrounded by video of what looked like paradise, as they were euthanized.

Then their body would be taken to the processing facility and, along with all the others, be turned into the protein rich Soylent Green crackers.

I might add that when people were nearing the end of their lives, they were directed to report to a central processing facility, and get into a gown, and go lay down in a large room where they would be surrounded by video of what looked like paradise, as they were euthanized.

Then their body would be taken to the processing facility and, along with all the others, be turned into the protein rich Soylent Green crackers.

This sounds like Obama Care!

This sounds like Obama Care!

The Wikipedia article that Racer X or someone linked to mentions that in 2010 or 2011 a company actually started making a product called "Soylent Green", made of plankton, ... hmm. With ObamaCare's death panels gearing up, ... who knows?

weren't they able to choose what they wanted to view as they were dying...???

i thought so, the old man (Heston's best friend) wanted to see the African Plains..???

now I cannot wait for SCI-FI or AMC or TMC channels, to have those movies on again....

I thought this was the "car" thread, not, "what's for supper."

I know that lust, desire, and, envy may not be real healthy emotions... None the less, this car does all of the above.

No, drooling ain't cool, but, sometyimes you just can't help it.

I thought this was the "car" thread, not, "what's for supper."

I know that lust, desire, and, envy may not be real healthy emotions... None the less, this car does all of the above.

No, drooling ain't cool, but, sometyimes you just can't help it.

I know, we have strayed a bit.

I feel so ashamed.

But I have enjoyed the idle chit chat and banter. Seems the threads almost always have a way of getting off track. At least we aren't such a bunch of stuffed shirt dillweeds here, like at "some other" forum.

By the way, sweet ride. I saw one of these the other day.

"Enjoy The Ride"

Woo! Hoo!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread