What's my vector,Victor???


I guess ya gotta be there to fully understand it.

Meanwhile, looking at your pix, if I ever got back into trucking, it would have to be heavy haul. Every load is a new experience with it's own challenges. I just wonder if I can still sling the chains! :headscratch2:
 
I guess ya gotta be there to fully understand it.

Meanwhile, looking at your pix, if I ever got back into trucking, it would have to be heavy haul. Every load is a new experience with it's own challenges. I just wonder if I can still sling the chains! :headscratch2:
I think I said this on that trucker forum before I got banned but

"I like heavy haul because you don't need to secure it. It's so heavy it ain't going anywhere."

On a serious note I too would like to at least try it.
 
I think I said this on that trucker forum before I got banned but

"I like heavy haul because you don't need to secure it. It's so heavy it ain't going anywhere."

On a serious note I too would like to at least try it.
Then there's the guys whose dads never taught them physics, who say that because the object you're hauling is heavier than the trailer, you only need chaining adequate for the weight of the trailer.

Those are the guys who get crushed to death when they have to hit the brakes really hard.
 
Then there's the guys whose dads never taught them physics, who say that because the object you're hauling is heavier than the trailer, you only need chaining adequate for the weight of the trailer.

Those are the guys who get crushed to death when they have to hit the brakes really hard.
Zip ties. They'll hold anything.
 
I did it and enjoyed it with my own trucks. I wasn't even 50 then. Things have changed since then.

If whatever you have on that deck is coming off, it's coming off. 3/8" or heavier chain isn't going to really hold it. Even if it does, it's taking the trailer with it. I had coils that took the arc out of the deck and as you went down the road, you could watch the trailer swaying side to side in the center.
 
I guess ya gotta be there to fully understand it.

Meanwhile, looking at your pix, if I ever got back into trucking, it would have to be heavy haul. Every load is a new experience with it's own challenges. I just wonder if I can still sling the chains! :headscratch2:
You could still do it.
I'm almost 65 and I still sling 1/2 and 5/8 chain all day long.
 

Attachments

You could still do it.
I'm almost 65 and I still sling 1/2 and 5/8 chain all day long.
How the hell do you go.... anywhere... with that long span only 2 inches off the ground?

What happens if it high-centers on a speed bump?
 
What happens if it high-centers on a speed bump?
The speed bump gets a shave. It's really about 4" high.

I used to get razzed when I'd put the machine on in a forward position like that. The bucket was a giant air scoop. Especially if it was a long highway move.
 

Back
Top