Whats for Supper?

Really my "Employment" and Insurance Company like me be "Smoke-Free"..

I don't have "Cold-Turkey" tomorrow flush my pack of smokes down the Toilet..

Say there's Medicine now and No Vape , No Chew,..

Just take these pills in a week or 2 never Smoke "Again"..

That's seems way Out There 2 Me
Unless there is something new on the market those pills just block the receptors in the brain . Meaning you will still want to smoke and can smoke but you will be getting no satisfaction and still having all the cravings. That is not a good feeling.
Ask me how I know and also if you find something that works let me know.

I ain't even a Newport..

Sometimes I like Marboros once in awhile..

I generally smoke Newports adult life..

Back in the Day usually "Kodiak"..

Sometimes liked Skoal Spearmint or I forget the Brand "On Sale" Give ya a Giant Tin of Wintergreen $2 off "Special"..

Those days are "Done" a Tin is like $8/$10 bucks at gas station "Nowadays"

Meat-a-Ball sandwiches. Some pasta sauce meatballs, Peppers and some mozza.
I am just assembling them here really.
Scratch the meatball subs, buns went moldy. I was at the store today and was contemplating on buy new buns there.

Like they say, when life gives you lemons you make lemonade!
Unfortunately I find myself bereft of buns and also lemons.:frown:

Scratch the meatball subs, buns went moldy. I was at the store today and was contemplating on buy new buns there.

Like they say, when life gives you lemons you make lemonade!
Unfortunately I find myself bereft of buns and also lemons.:frown:
Around Chicago Area .

Don't have 2'be in Da Hood...

Anywhere 5O square mile radius "Turano" Bomber Buns any store Shelf..

Not just Illinois Suburbs..

Supermarkets Indiana & Wisconsin too .

Now what makes a "Turano" Roll is Hot Beef.

A Turano got a Thick Crust..

Takes some "Juice" and Gravy , Scoop of Giardana Peppers .

Ya can still pick up the Sandwich..

Now some "places" Deep in Chicago they take the Fry Baskets ask for a "Wet" ..

Welp ya cannot pick-up a "Wet" like a Sandwich Anymore you'll need a Fork & Knife

Around Chicago Area .

Don't have 2'be in Da Hood...

Anywhere 5O square mile radius "Turano" Bomber Buns any store Shelf..

Not just Illinois Suburbs..

Supermarkets Indiana & Wisconsin too .

Now what makes a "Turano" Roll is Hot Beef.

A Turano got a Thick Crust..

Takes some "Juice" and Gravy , Scoop of Giardana Peppers .

Ya can still pick up the Sandwich..

Now some "places" Deep in Chicago they take the Fry Baskets ask for a "Wet" ..

Welp ya cannot pick-up a "Wet" like a Sandwich Anymore you'll need a Fork & Knife
A "Turano" Roll from Website..

There is only one way to quit. QUIT! No pills, vapes, creams, foods, just quit. They lace those coffin nails with all kinds of addictive chemicals so that you go through withdrawal if you try and you have to have that 'fix'.

On my birthday, in 2005, I got so damned drunk, that I couldn't even walk to the corner stop-N-rob to get a pack when I ran out. I was sitting alone and feeling sorry for myself, mainly because I was alone on my birthday and drunk. The wife was working! I decided right then and there I was going to quit and fell into bed in a stupor. I never said anything to anyone about quitting. That way they can't get in your face about it if you should slip. The next morning, I woke up and tossed out everything that pertained to smoking. I made sure there were no butts in the yard, the pick-up ashtray was removed, everything that I could think of.

I went for weeks on a routine where I would get in my pick-up and reach for my smokes. They weren't there. I psyched my brain into hating the smell of cigarettes, stayed out of anyplace where smoking was allowed and when I saw someone smoking, again, you have to make yourself believe it's the most disgusting thing to do. It's 18 years, 2 months and 4 days since I smoked my last cigarette. I don't know how my wife kissed an ashtray for all of those years. She noticed no smell after a few days and never said anything for fear that I would slip, but I never did.

Every day, I took the money that I would have spent on smokes and put it in a box, even going along with the price increases. I got so sick of the interior smell in my pick-up, that I busted open the box after 6 years of 2 packs a day prices and counted it. I don't remember the final tally, but I went to the Ford dealer and ordered and brand new Platinum F-150 as a gift to myself for my success. I used that money as a down payment. I still have that truck today and it still smells new inside.

YOU HAVE TO WANT TO DO IT!!!

McDoubles No Cheese sorry I hate McDonald's cheese that stuff ain't even Real and it stinks 😩 ..

Ever open a Mickey D's cheeseburger they smell AWFUL bad enough make me Dry Heave..

1662082833445816567259623095460.jpg

Ah Ya! I bought a huge jar of pickled garlic at a truck stop in New York State.
I loved them. :thumbsup:

I am working my way up to pickled garlic. I mean I am trying to find ingredients that don't make the garlic turn purple/blue. I know it is safe to eat purple/blue garlic, but it is just the look. Actually strike that, I am going to make blue/purple pickled garlic cloves because now I think the purple/blue color actually has a cool factor.:thumbsup:
Try making some of these.

e450ea6c-6199-4575-a639-420982e3e9e3.0349dd2715fb82341be46762fdc520e9.jpeg

Got my afew "Naps" I'm getting for now..

Cold "Spaghetti" Breakfast from my neighbor lady..

At Home I pull here "Reclying" containers off the road on garbage day put em back on her porch..

Not so much just being "Nice" I just get so Angry at people who put stuff out after garbage trucks do the route leave their cans blowing in the street..

Winter I take my "Snowblower" & Shovel after the Snowplow goes by dumps a mountain on driveway lip..

So if she "see" me always hook me up with food..

Her beef "Stew" in crockpot is her "Best"..

Also if ya like Cold Pizza outta Fridge..

Cold Spaghetti works "Same Way".. welp "Kinda" sortve

16622667081622324239118923443668.jpg

I think steak and some beef stock infused rice with some broccoli. That should do it.
Always nice to have a good Sunday dinner.

I forgot to add that I marinated these steaks in vacuum seal bags and then froze them. They will have marinated during the freezing process as well as the thawing process plus the vacuum factor so I hope they are good.

Last edited:
I went under that thought too, with a London Broil. I marinated it, vacuum sealed it and into the -10F freezer it went for about 2 weeks until I was off and could enjoy it. I thawed it and seared it on the grille to a rare but warm inside and seared outside. Added a couple of baked taters to it and it was absolutely great, taste and edibility wise. It was marinated in garlic, onion, Kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and olive oil.

The next day I couldn't get out of the bathroom. I know, TMI. I have made plenty of London Broils the same way, just never vacuum sealed them. I never had any problems at all with them. I can only attribute that incident with the marinade and freezing. Never again!

Watch those ulcers. I started having bad stomach pain then feeling faint finally heart started hurting like I was having a heart attack.
Went to ER heart was in distress, found out it was because low hemoglobin. Ulcer was hemorrhaging. Got a couple units of blood. heart fely better but not stomach. Did an Endoscopy. Found a cancer tumor in the ulcer. So now waiting for more tests to be done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread