what trailer is better

coolblink

im looking to get a used 53' trailer what is better a Great Dane or a Utility also is their something i should look out for like things i should pay close attention to when im inspecting them thanks

both make good trailers. Are you looking to get a dry van or reefer?

One thing to look for on a dry box is to be sure none of the wood is rotting on the floor.

If you are buying a reefer unit, take a look at the coolant, oil, and battery condition.

For either, look the trailer over closely for any signs of leaks, look at the wheel seals, the condition of the brakes, make sure the axles are straight (not tracking), and that the axles slide properly.

Inspect all the air lines, and if it is an air ride trailer, be sure to check over the air bags well for signs of leaks and/or deterioration.

Last but not least, look at the seals on the doors, especially on a reefer unit, and be sure the doors open and close properly.

im looking to get a used 53' trailer what is better a Great Dane or a Utility also is their something i should look out for like things i should pay close attention to when im inspecting them thanks

Another good thing to do is insist the trailer have a fresh DOT inspection sticker. That way you know everything on the trailer is road legal.

Contact

Here is a contact number for Mike Brooks. 765-772-2629
He is the Account Executive for Used trailers at Wabash National.

That is his Cell phone number.

Tell him Sparky sent you. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread