What keeps you trucking

trucking is a life style. its more than a job for me. i like the open road and the time to myself to reflect on life.

and besides im to far in to get out alive!MUHAHAHAHAHA

Dad was a trucker....

long, long ago in the rural areas around Dallas, TX, that are no longer there...

When I was a young boy, my father delivered fuel to to the Mom & Pop feed stores that served many of the small farming communities and sometimes he would take me along.
It wouldn't be 'till many years later that I realized how much he enjoyed slammin' & jammin' that ol' 5 and 4
My reward at the last stop would be a Dr Pepper and a bag of peanuts which was promptly emptied into the soda.
I've never forgotten those days even at 50 years old

My father passed away in 2003 and he never saw me drive a rig...
but sometimes when i'm running thru those gears and I get her stretched out on the big road at night, a peaceful feeling comes over me and a smile creeps accross my face as my dad knows his son is a truck driver too.

Sounds crazy i know...

long, long ago in the rural areas around Dallas, TX, that are no longer there...

When I was a young boy, my father delivered fuel to to the Mom & Pop feed stores that served many of the small farming communities and sometimes he would take me along.
It wouldn't be 'till many years later that I realized how much he enjoyed slammin' & jammin' that ol' 5 and 4
My reward at the last stop would be a Dr Pepper and a bag of peanuts which was promptly emptied into the soda.
I've never forgotten those days even at 50 years old

My father passed away in 2003 and he never saw me drive a rig...
but sometimes when i'm running thru those gears and I get her stretched out on the big road at night, a peaceful feeling comes over me and a smile creeps accross my face as my dad knows his son is a truck driver too.

Sounds crazy i know...

No its not crazy its pride at least I think.I just lost my dad this year r days befor fathers day and I go thru the same feeling late at when I got a 1000 mi in front of me and 20tons behind and I get that grin on my face and just put the hamer down and go go go. It feel great. Jaja
Posted via Mobile Device

I'VE BEEN DRIVING FOR 17 YEARS, AND NOW HATE ALMOST EVERYDAY OF IT. WHEN I FIRST STARTED I LOVED IT...BUT AS ALOT OF OTHERS HAVE SAID, THE COMPANY U WORK FOR HAS ALOT TO DO WITH YOUR ATTITUDE OUT THERE. MINE SUCKS. BUT OVERALL I DO APPRECIATE NOT HAVING SOMEONE LOOKING OVER MY SHOULDER AND GOING TO DIFFERANT PLACES/MEETING NEW PEOPLE. #1 REASON I PLAN ON LEAVING DEC 2009...THE PAY...HORRIBLE FOR WHAT EVERY DRIVER PUTS UP WITH ON A DAILY BASIS....#2 REASON...MY DAUGHTER IS 7 AND I SEE HER 4 DAYS A MONTH.....NOT ACCEPTABLE IN A TIME WHEN KIDS ARE OUT OF CONTROL NOWADAYS. AS A DAD...I NEED TO BE HOME MORE....

I'VE BEEN DRIVING FOR 17 YEARS, AND NOW HATE ALMOST EVERYDAY OF IT. WHEN I FIRST STARTED I LOVED IT...BUT AS ALOT OF OTHERS HAVE SAID, THE COMPANY U WORK FOR HAS ALOT TO DO WITH YOUR ATTITUDE OUT THERE. MINE SUCKS. BUT OVERALL I DO APPRECIATE NOT HAVING SOMEONE LOOKING OVER MY SHOULDER AND GOING TO DIFFERANT PLACES/MEETING NEW PEOPLE. #1 REASON I PLAN ON LEAVING DEC 2009...THE PAY...HORRIBLE FOR WHAT EVERY DRIVER PUTS UP WITH ON A DAILY BASIS....#2 REASON...MY DAUGHTER IS 7 AND I SEE HER 4 DAYS A MONTH.....NOT ACCEPTABLE IN A TIME WHEN KIDS ARE OUT OF CONTROL NOWADAYS. AS A DAD...I NEED TO BE HOME MORE....

Youre absolutely right companies do have alot to do with whetheru like it or not one company i hated to even go back ougt after hometime i had absolutely no motivation i dreaded everyday finally i said enough is enough now i drive for a great company cant say much for the equipment lol but overall the people i work with staff and drivers are awesome
Posted via Mobile Device

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread