What is the Future of the Trucking Industry?

jrayburn

Hello hello! My name is Jacob Rayburn, I work with Encore Protection, a commercial roadside assistance company in the trucking industry. We are currently creating an industry article on the “Future of the Trucking Industry.” The article can be seen here: Commercial Roadside Assistance Company | Encore Protection

We are wanting to possibly feature a few companies (or specific fleet managers) within the article. If interested, would you be able to provide a quote that we can add to the page or general information and insights?

What we need is just a couple of sentences (3 or 4 ideally), but whatever you think is necessary to fully answer the questions is very helpful:
1. How do you see technology influencing your industry over the next 5, 10, 20 years? Will roadside assistance be affected as well? If so, how?
2. Do you think autonomous or driver-less freight trucks will become a significant source of trucking? If so, what aspects of the trucking industry do you think would be most affected by this?

If you have any questions, concerns or would additional information for collaborating feel free to reach out to me directly at: [email protected]

Thank you for all the feedback and help!

NONE!!! think about how much dough they will save if they ever get these self driving robots out on the road!!! plus they will be able to strip the trucks down to nothing rip the bunk out right down to ripping out the radio. plus they will be able to run them 24-7 at slower speeds to save on fuel...

NONE!!! think about how much dough they will save if they ever get these self driving robots out on the road!!! plus they will be able to strip the trucks down to nothing rip the bunk out right down to ripping out the radio. plus they will be able to run them 24-7 at slower speeds to save on fuel...

I dare say Im almost waiting for these Robot Trucks so I aint gotta do it no more...

Also @krelithous Id like to see much more of thy Working World become far more Robotic and Automated so thy Government is Forced to embrace a Basic Standardized Income or Social Security and Medixare for all..

Because when the former finally happens this aint gonna be the nice cozy Great Depression of our grandparents era..

Today people have gutter morals and cities will BURN to thy ground

Hello hello! My name is Jacob Rayburn, I work with Encore Protection, a commercial roadside assistance company in the trucking industry. We are currently creating an industry article on the “Future of the Trucking Industry.” The article can be seen here: Commercial Roadside Assistance Company | Encore Protection

We are wanting to possibly feature a few companies (or specific fleet managers) within the article. If interested, would you be able to provide a quote that we can add to the page or general information and insights?

What we need is just a couple of sentences (3 or 4 ideally), but whatever you think is necessary to fully answer the questions is very helpful:
1. How do you see technology influencing your industry over the next 5, 10, 20 years? Will roadside assistance be affected as well? If so, how?
2. Do you think autonomous or driver-less freight trucks will become a significant source of trucking? If so, what aspects of the trucking industry do you think would be most affected by this?

If you have any questions, concerns or would additional information for collaborating feel free to reach out to me directly at: [email protected]

Thank you for all the feedback and help!
like many other industries where blue collar workers reined in the hard labor, the trucking industry will die a slow death. it'll be an industry of robotics, computerized systems running it, and maybe smaller trucks that may not even require anything more than a HS education. (ie no special license).

more and more people are leaving the industry yearly due to age, medical reasons and just plain being sick of it, and seeking employment in higher paid careers.

The future of trucking is apparently self-driving trucks that will mow down pedestrians with no one getting criminally charged, since there’s no driver to blame. The occasional lawsuit will be cheaper than paying out driver salaries every week.

Hello Jacob,

Good question! We have noticed that as time goes onward that a definite shift will be seen from the current business model. Less focus will be put on service and repair as maintenance intervals increase more and more with the emergence of new technology. There will be a replacement of many drivers across the industry, but it will take time for this change to occur and any companies with enough foresight will focus on research and development to create technology and services needed by the automated transportation movement. There are a lot of things that will soon shake up the market, and we are just excited to see what adaptations the industry makes! (or doesn't). With anything there is opportunity.

Best!

In the trucking industry in particular, some have raised concerns that self-driving technology will result in the loss of millions of jobs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread