Wall of Shame Moment

Allyxon

Made my first real rookie mistake. Not a big one, but a mistake nonetheless.
Front trailer passenger side tandem had lug nuts that were loose so I was told to take it to a shop. Not half a mile down the road from the shop I took a right turn too tight and probably too quickly, hit the curb and killed 2 tires :bonk:

At least I'm not dead lying in a ditch on the side of the road.

Ok now roast me for being stupid!

Their fault for having you move it. Your fault for not refusing. (Kinda hard when you're new, I know.)

Now you know for the future that you're supposed to curb it SLOWLY. [emoji39]

I had to move it, it had my load on it and I was doubtful but I sent pictures and couldn't move the nuts. They said I should be ok. I should have stopped, but didn't and thought I swung wide enough. Didn't want to destroy the beautiful square body ford that was in front of me. Looked in mirror like .5 seconds too late. Oops

Well, you got that one out of the way and I more than sure that you won't do that again.;)

I done it where I did not swing wide enough to get on this narrow private scale and POOF! Punctured a wide based tire that was on the steer axle of a quad axle trailer. I imagine those are expensive!:dunno:
And that was around my 10 year mark of driving

Well, you got that one out of the way and I more than sure that you won't do that again.;)

I done it where I did not swing wide enough to get on this narrow private scale and POOF! Punctured a wide based tire that was on the steer axle of a quad axle trailer. I imagine those are expensive!:dunno:
And that was around my 10 year mark of driving
I had a co-driver do that in a tiny Pilot in Wa. I was out of the truck and thought I heard a shotgun. It was him trying to scale... Cat 1, Herman 0.

I had a co-driver do that in a tiny Pilot in Wa. I was out of the truck and thought I heard a shotgun. It was him trying to scale... Cat 1, Herman 0.
I wish the scale was as wide as a Cat scale, But I have seen countless drivers blow tires at the border on the Jersey barriers and you know you are paying primo bucks for a tire guy at the bridge.

The OP is not the first one to blow a tire or two this way and she won't be the last.

don't be too hard on yourself, there isn't a trucker here that hasn't made mistakes you learned and you will probably make some mistakes in the future just take not to make a BIG mistake and you will be fine.
just waiting for the supertruckers to show up and state they have NEVER made a mistake
:rolllaugh2::rolllaugh::rolllaugh3:

don't be too hard on yourself, there isn't a trucker here that hasn't made mistakes you learned and you will probably make some mistakes in the future just take not to make a BIG mistake and you will be fine.
just waiting for the supertruckers to show up and state they have NEVER made a mistake
:rolllaugh2::rolllaugh::rolllaugh3:
I had a recent "Hall of Shame" moment. I dropped my trailer on my truck frame. No matter what anyone said to make it ok - it wasn't. When that happens you've become complacent, and that trailer swinging where it ought not be was my nightmare come true. My lifelong fear of flying had been replaced by the fear of losing my trailer. So, currently on hiatus giving it serious contemplation.

I had a recent "Hall of Shame" moment. I dropped my trailer on my truck frame. No matter what anyone said to make it ok - it wasn't.
Done that more than a couple of times:D Me not doing things in routine or someone walking up and yapping, Still my fault.
I am getting pretty good at picking up a trailer on the frame rails or low to the ground that i can show a first timer how to pick it up:biglaugh:

If it makes you feel any better, the rail yard repainted all their concrete safety pole things recently and within a few days they looked just like they were before... multicolored scrapes.

Yah, immigrants? I understand the lack of english, and have concluded that not only self driving trucks will kill your career.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread