Wal Mart...Shame On You

Jmurman

Crete Driver
Here is a letter I sent to Wal Mart today.

To: Wal Mart, Business Relations

Sirs,

First I’d like to say that I am a Wal Mart shopper as is my wife and family.

I am a truck driver and frankly feel discriminated against. After hearing and reading stories of my brother truckers having their trucks towed while they went into a Wal Mart to shop, and Wal Marts seemingly indifference to their situation I was taken back.

Today confirmed that your company does not want to do business with Truck Drivers across America.

I was parked at a truck stop off I-70 and exit 28 near Kansas City. I have been on the road for over two weeks and needed to re-supply my food. I Google Wal Mart and there is a Super Store about ½ miles from the Travel America where I am staying. So I decide to walk the ½ mile and do some shopping.

What do I see when I approach the entrance? A HUGE steel I-beamed gate, which was designed SPECIFICALLY to keep trucks out.

Why?

Are we so offensive to your company that you cannot stand the thought of having a “Truck Driver” come to your store and buy products?

I have posted a photo of this gate on my blog site, and will share it with other Truck Drivers…which I think number in the hundreds of thousands.

We aren’t asking for places to spend the night, just stop playing games so that we can in good conscience shop at Wal Mart nationwide.

You can see the photo of the gate at: Guncraft

Sincerely,

J

Perhaps you could get in around the back or something? Sometimes I don't blame wal-mart. I mean, when guys start leaving **** bottles and poop bags in the parking lot, they really aren't left with any choice.

I was on foot. What if it was bad weather and I wanted to Bobtail in?

Perhaps you could get in around the back or something? Sometimes I don't blame wal-mart. I mean, when guys start leaving **** bottles and poop bags in the parking lot, they really aren't left with any choice.

I've seen these signs at wal marts also. I just park around back, and try to stay out of the way, and walk around the building. I mean, they get their own truck in there, dont they? That doesn't solve being towed of course, but in the end, it's their property, and you have to abide by that. Guys running over landscaping to get in the parking lot, **** bottles, all that contributes to parking bans.

It's usually a reaction on wal-marts part, and drivers screwinig it up for themselves...

Like I said, it's their property. They can do what they want with it. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for more truck parking, but I tend to think driver shit where they eat - so to speak, so it doesn't surprise me at all. That said, I hope your plea works, and driver do get to park at this store someday. Let us know if they respond, and what they say.

Jman that's nothing out of the ordinary.Many walmarts have those low clarence bars.They just don't want u to park where the cars are because one semi takes up alot of parking spaces and if every trk parked there then there would'nt be enough parking for the cars.Every walmart has trk parking.I mean they have docks so they have to have parking even if a small parking area.You go to the walmart inOakgrove,MO across from the petro,you're going to see those bars at every entrance except one.They're trk parking is very limited.Plus many don't want us parking directly in their lot because we tear up their parking lots.I can't say that I blame Walmart for what they do.Some drivers have ruined it for the rest of us by not respecting their property.

Sirs,

I am a truck driver and frankly feel discriminated against. After hearing and reading stories of my brother truckers having their trucks towed while they went into a Wal Mart to shop, and Wal Marts seemingly indifference to their situation I was taken back.

Today confirmed that your company does not want to do business with Truck Drivers across America.

I was parked at a truck stop off I-70 and exit 28 near Kansas City. I have been on the road for over two weeks and needed to re-supply my food. I Google Wal Mart and there is a Super Store about ½ miles from the Travel America where I am staying. So I decide to walk the ½ mile and do some shopping.

What do I see when I approach the entrance? A HUGE steel I-beamed gate, which was designed SPECIFICALLY to keep trucks out.

Why?

Are we so offensive to your company that you cannot stand the thought of having a “Truck Driver” come to your store and buy products?

I have posted a photo of this gate on my blog site, and will share it with other Truck Drivers…which I think number in the hundreds of thousands.

We aren’t asking for places to spend the night, just stop playing games so that we can in good conscience shop at Wal Mart nationwide.

Sincerely,

J

I just seen where u was at the TA.Jman next time u go there,you look around the side on the road that QT is on and you'll see there is trk parking but would'nt reccomend it unless bobtailing.It can be a hassel getting out.Believe me I know.
Jman that's nothing out of the ordinary.Many walmarts have those low clarence bars.They just don't want u to park where the cars are because one semi takes up alot of parking spaces and if every trk parked there then there would'nt be enough parking for the cars.Every walmart has trk parking.I mean they have docks so they have to have parking even if a small parking area.You go to the walmart inOakgrove,MO across from the petro,you're going to see those bars at every entrance except one.They're trk parking is very limited.Plus many don't want us parking directly in their lot because we tear up their parking lots.I can't say that I blame Walmart for what they do.Some drivers have ruined it for the rest of us by not respecting their property.

A trip to Wal Mart:

“What do I see when I approach the entrance? A HUGE steel I-beamed gate, which was designed SPECIFICALLY to keep trucks out. Why?”

Not to come to the defense of Wal Mart, but. The big problem is not truckers; it's the stupid RV'ers that use Wal Mart like a private camp ground. To make matters worse, the Class A's put their levelers down and punch holes in the parking lot. These idiots travel from Wal Mart to Wal Mart, drop their tow vehicle and off they go, leaving their RV in the same spot for days on end. Some even put out the awning, lawn chairs, and BBQ. Not all RV'ers do this, but it only takes 10% to ruin it for the other 90% of us.

Some cities have gone so far as to create laws against parking over night in public lots and on streets to stop the practice of these inconsiderate people.

I have been able to park by going around to the dock area and simply ask permission while I shop. Every manager I have talked to has been glad to let me. I have found that by being nice they are really nice to me.

And...there are some truckers that should have their mommy travel with them to clean up after them.

I'm sure you're right what u say but I have never seen rvs camp out at walmarts bbqueing ect.I see more trks then anything.You see signs in their lot that says NO TRKS in big letters.I never see any no rv signs.Heck rvs are respected by others as much as the 4wheelers are. Bottom line is many trk drivers out here ARE DOWNRIGHT SLOBS and have absolutely no respect for other ppls property,therefore has ruined it for the ones that actually do respect property.
A trip to Wal Mart:

“What do I see when I approach the entrance? A HUGE steel I-beamed gate, which was designed SPECIFICALLY to keep trucks out. Why?”

Not to come to the defense of Wal Mart, but. The big problem is not truckers; it's the stupid RV'ers that use Wal Mart like a private camp ground. To make matters worse, the Class A's put their levelers down and punch holes in the parking lot. These idiots travel from Wal Mart to Wal Mart, drop their tow vehicle and off they go, leaving their RV in the same spot for days on end. Some even put out the awning, lawn chairs, and BBQ. Not all RV'ers do this, but it only takes 10% to ruin it for the other 90% of us.

Some cities have gone so far as to create laws against parking over night in public lots and on streets to stop the practice of these inconsiderate people.

I have been able to park by going around to the dock area and simply ask permission while I shop. Every manager I have talked to has been glad to let me. I have found that by being nice they are really nice to me.

And...there are some truckers that should have their mommy travel with them to clean up after them.

Sirs,

Why?

Sincerely,

J
very well written, but I go to Meiers, much better store, but good luck finding one. They are twice the size or walmart,and prices are just as low. Good luck.

Next time you have to deliver to a walmart store, tell them they have to unload you out on the street...

I have only been driving for 6 years. And in that time I have been to all 48 states. I agree that there are some truck drivers who are PIGS! BUT!!! On the other hand, I have seen 4wheelers and rv'ers dump their trash AND waste down the drains in the parking lots! I even made a phone call to the local authorities and the EPA ! They got there just as this man who was driving a very expensive RV was finishing up his dumping! There were red lights all around him! IT ISNT JUST THE TRUCK DRIVERS!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread