Virginia Rest Area Video

SilverSurfer

Old School'd
2 min 19 sec

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg4iMfgLMr8"]YouTube - Virginia Rest Area[/ame]

-ss-

You didn't catch the rig blocked in? Shame on you.

This is a vid clip a brother trucker sent me to put a visual aid to the problem truckers are facing with truck parking in Virginia. I edited in a narrative regarding what truckers have to deal with every night and the need for all to support "Jason's Law." Also...since you seem to be asleep at the wheel (pun intended)...notice my tag line ends with the rig heading back out onto the highway.

There's a few brother's out there that will be sending me vid's of the truck stops as well...so look for more visual aids to come.

-ss-

This isn't just a Virgina issue,I see alot of restareas in the east coast that are extremely small.Times i've had to wake a driver up just to move his rig back a couple feet so I could get out.Then other times I had to hop the curve onto the grass to get out.Anymore if I go thru a restarea that is small like that,I don't care if I am about out of hrs,i'll just keep on going till I do find a good parking spot.

This isn't just a Virgina issue,I see alot of restareas in the east coast that are extremely small.Times i've had to wake a driver up just to move his rig back a couple feet so I could get out.Then other times I had to hop the curve onto the grass to get out.Anymore if I go thru a restarea that is small like that,I don't care if I am about out of hrs,i'll just keep on going till I do find a good parking spot.

In the narrative, the statement is made about this being a problem across our nation. It isn't just Virginia...but this is the first clip I received. Anyone wanting to help out and send me clips of other regions...send away.

[email protected]

-ss-

You didn't catch the rig blocked in? Shame on you.

This is a vid clip a brother trucker sent me to put a visual aid to the problem truckers are facing with truck parking in Virginia. I edited in a narrative regarding what truckers have to deal with every night and the need for all to support "Jason's Law." Also...since you seem to be asleep at the wheel (pun intended)...notice my tag line ends with the rig heading back out onto the highway.

There's a few brother's out there that will be sending me vid's of the truck stops as well...so look for more visual aids to come.

-ss-

No sure didn't, but i did notice that the rig this was being taped out of seemed to have a blown drivers side headlight. That or he had his brights on going thru there and his driver side brights don't work. I noticed he went back out to the hwy and thats when i was like, um ok, i missed something here.

Heck yeah man, keep the vids coming. next time give me 3 life lines tho. lol.

In the narrative, the statement is made about this being a problem across our nation. It isn't just Virginia...but this is the first clip I received. Anyone wanting to help out and send me clips of other regions...send away.

[email protected]

-ss-
Unfortunately I could'nt get it to play but I seen the picture of the semi blocked in.That brought back many problems i've had with rest areas.

No sure didn't, but i did notice that the rig this was being taped out of seemed to have a blown drivers side headlight. That or he had his brights on going thru there and his driver side brights don't work. I noticed he went back out to the hwy and thats when i was like, um ok, i missed something here.

Heck yeah man, keep the vids coming. next time give me 3 life lines tho. lol.

10-4...lol.

Count 4 trucks after the Swift truck on the right...look to the right. As to the headlights...after he swings right watch the grass as he swings back to the left. You'll see his left headlight is aimed higher than the right...but you'll see both lights are working.

As I get 'em...I'll get 'em uploaded.

-ss-

Unfortunately I could'nt get it to play but I seen the picture of the semi blocked in.That brought back many problems i've had with rest areas.

Are you able to download large video files? I can upload this to my site so you could utilize the "save target as" control. I figured youtube would be the most beneficial spot to place these files for people to view.

-ss-

10-4...lol.

Count 4 trucks after the Swift truck on the right...look to the right. As to the headlights...after he swings right watch the grass as he swings back to the left. You'll see his left headlight is aimed higher than the right...but you'll see both lights are working.

As I get 'em...I'll get 'em uploaded.

-ss-

Damnit man , that means i have to watch it a forth time. uuuhhh, fine. Last time though. I am starting to think your just rubbing it in since i don't drive anymore. LOL

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Yeah i saw it. Its at the 0:59 mark. Its on the inside of that truck sticking out. Bad thing is , i saw that earlier but i just figured he had a way in front of him out, like he was parked in a different aisle.

Now I know you remember how it works...the parking spots fill up...a line starts to develope behind the parking spots...and then a line starts to develope on the outside of that line...and if you're one of the earlier boys...you're stuck til morning when either enough spaces clear out so you can get out on your right...or the line in front of you gets out of the way...

-ss-

To bad the only ones who will even see or understand it are those only in the industry.
Good Job Fred and J.B.

To bad the only ones who will even see or understand it are those only in the industry.
Good Job Fred and J.B.

Well it's already on Appomattox News' site...it's being passed around the Landline Mag office...and I plan on sharing this with my rep and senators, as well as any other reps and senators I can get ahold of and speak with. I'm also going to get a copy off to Rep. Tonko's aid, Mr. Bo Duffy...hopefully they can use this on the hill.

I do hope it spreads quickly among the truckers...maybe this will be a little step towards unity...ya never know. Also...thank you...but my part in this is only made possible from the truckers that send this type of info to me, and I send a thank you to Mark Pritchard for getting this clip to me.

-ss-

I'm gonna try to get a vid of the interstates heading into Jersey at 3 am next time I am in the area. I about lost my mind the firt time I had to deliver there. hundreds of trucks lining the exit/entrance ramps of every exit for hundreds of miles around the area. It's crazy.

I'm gonna try to get a vid of the interstates heading into Jersey at 3 am next time I am in the area. I about lost my mind the firt time I had to deliver there. hundreds of trucks lining the exit/entrance ramps of every exit for hundreds of miles around the area. It's crazy.

Well don't be bashful...if ya can get it to me, I'll make sure it's gets utilized to a beneficial direction. This is a viable way to get the reality truckers deal with to not only the citizens...but the boys on the hill.

-ss-

Good deal, smallfry. For those without servers or websites to enable a quick file transfer to me...here's my address you can send your videos.

507 Main Street
Nocona, Texas 76255

Just burn your videos to a cd and mail 'em in.

-ss-

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread