Trucking Regulations: Truckers allege Mexico-based operators are stealing jobs, profits

OK, besides the incident with the dwarf and the truck load of molasses...
I've never hauled molasses in my life...

I am not sure If any of you have crossed a border and drove a truck in a foreign land I am going to assume you have not.
It ****ing sucks!
You are not a citizen, Your in a foreign country. Many things are very different.
I assume that is why many American drivers choose not to cross the border and why many Canadians choose not to cross the border and why many Mexicans chose not to run too deep in the U.S. Everyone is way more comfortable operating in their own country.

Don't get me wrong I had a great time running the U.S. and met a metric shit tonne of good people! I ate some of the best food, saw some amazing sights.

Truth be told, I could make more money and would be happier just dropping shit off in Detroit.
I used to haul meat and produce into Montreal usually got along well with the customers it was the local truck driver that was usually ignorant.

You know what, I lied. There was a regular at Rubbermaid. I forgot he was Mexican. I ran into him the first time he came to the plant and we used a translation app to talk. He didn't know which building was the right address. Same road and neither have the numbers as far as I'm aware.

Nice guy. Nicer truck than my Schneider POS.
That's a really good idea as much as I run Quebec. It's a crap shoot whether anyone at the greenhouse speaks English. Dunno why I never thought of that.

You still don't need a Passport. Canada only requires you have a birth certificate and a drivers licence to enter.
Now going back to the U.S. they require a Passport but, They can not deny entry to an American citizen.
So in theory, As an American you do not need a passport.
When mine expires I'll just let it ride because RJ said so
Canada was refusing to adopt certain airport screening criteria at the time. We stepped up customs at airport to help keep terrorists out, but they could still enter the USA via Canada.

Because GWB couldn't force y'all to change your customs policies, the only thing he could do is step up our own security at the Canadian border.

I guess your government didn't want to strip search toddlers and old grannies and confiscate their toothpaste like our TSA does.
Canadian domestic flights almost are that bad
I used to. I also was a Mod deleting endless amounts of shit and putting out fires here there and everywhere.
I bet the pay was lousy too.

When mine expires I'll just let it ride because RJ said so
I don't recommend that but if you want you can look it up. I will save you the time. here is a link
from the article
For U.S. citizens and permanent residents, you must carry proof of citizenship, such as a passport, birth certificate, a certificate of citizenship or naturalization, a U.S. permanent resident card, or a certificate of Indian status, along with photo identification. A NEXUS card also meets the requirements.
Proof of identity would be a D.L. (Photo I.D.). Proof of Citizenship would be a birth certificate.
That only is true for land crossings.
Air travel requires a passport.
Children under 16 need only present proof of U.S. citizenship.
Now if you want to argue whether or not an American can be denied entry to the U.S.
I can't help you.

Last edited:
I don't recommend that but if you want you can look it up. I will save you the time. here is a link

Proof of identity would be a D.L. (Photo I.D.). Proof of Citizenship would be a birth certificate.
That only is true for land crossings.
Air travel requires a passport.

Now if you want to argue whether or not an American can be denied entry to the U.S.
I can't help you.
The getting into Canada part is no issue. I'm already in Canada and if I leave I have my PR card. Those yokels on the other side who can't even comprehend why one would live over here are the real problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread